Drive Falls to Austin in First Loss of Season, 108-93
AUSTIN, Texas - Henry Sims scored a season-high 24 points but it wasn't enough as the Grand Rapids Drive lost their first game of the season.
Grand Rapids traveled to Texas on Tuesday afternoon and fell to the Austin Spurs 108-93 in front of 5,079 fans at the Cedar Park Center. Austin improves to 3-0.
The Drive (1-1) had five players score in double figures. Lorenzo Brown had 13, followed by Ryan Boatright (11), Devin Ebanks (10) and Kam Holsey (10). Sims, a 6-foot-10 center out of Georgetown, also had a team-high nine rebounds. He scored 15 in the season opener on Nov. 14.
Bryce Cotton, the Spurs guard out of Providence College, scored a team-high 21 points on 7 of 11 shooting. Jonathan Simmons added 20 points for the Spurs.
Grand Rapids, which trailed 66-42 at halftime, opened the fourth quarter on a 9-5 run and got as close as 10 points.
The Drive next play on Saturday at 8 p.m. when they travel to the Iowa Sky Force. Austin visits the Texas Legends on Friday at 8 p.m. EST.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 17, 2015
- Charge Fall on the Road in Delaware - Canton Charge
- Charge Waive Wright - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Re-Acquire Davion Berry - Maine Red Claws
- Anthony Brown Assigned to D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Drive Falls to Austin in First Loss of Season, 108-93 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Raptors 905 Acquires Ashton Smith - Raptors 905
- Mad Ants to Host Chili's Report Card Night - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Raptors 905 Announces Broadcast Team and TV Schedule - Raptors 905
- Terryberry Partners with Grand Rapids Drive to Fight Childhood Hunger - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.