Rapids Acquire Macoumba Kandji in Trade with New York
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (Tuesday, September 14, 2010) - The Colorado Rapids have acquired forward Macoumba Kandji in a trade with the New York Red Bulls, the club announced today.
In exchange, Colorado send midfielder Mehdi Ballouchy to New York.
A three-year veteran, Kandji joins the Rapids having played his entire Major League Soccer career in New York after being signed by the Red Bulls on September 15, 2008 from the Atlanta Silverbacks of USL-1. Kandji has appeared in 41 games with 30 starts with New York and scored six goals and registered seven assists in 2,814 minutes of action.
A tall, quick and athletic forward, Kandji has the ability and willingness to take on any defender. The Senegalese standout has appeared in 13 games, eight as a starter, and tallied one goal in 2010.
Acquired by the Rapids in a trade with Real Salt Lake on July 16, 2007, Ballouchy leaves Colorado having played in 77 games for the club and scoring seven goals adding 18 assists. This season, he appeared in 21 games with 19 starts and recorded a career-high three goals and a team-high tying five assists.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2010
- Real Salt Lake Concacaf Champions League Preview - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Look to Continue Run to the Playoffs Against the Philadelphia Union - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bulls Midfielder Seth Stammler to Retire After 2010 Season - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Sign Midfielder Bratislav Ristic - Chicago Fire
- Statement from Mo Johnson - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Signs Spanish-Born Winger Carlos Varela - D.C. United
- Kansas City Wizards Announce Playoff Push Ticket Package - Sporting Kansas City
- United Soccer Club Kicks off Fall Session - D.C. United
- Toronto FC Relieves Johnston and Preki of Duties - Toronto FC
- This Week in MLS - MLS
- Red Bulls Acquire Midfielder Mehdi Ballouchy from Colorado - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Acquire Macoumba Kandji in Trade with New York - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Statement from Colorado Rapids Owner E. Stanley Kroenke on the Passing of Paul Allen
- Colorado Rapids Recall Five Players from USL Loan
- Colorado Rapids Recall Goalkeeper Andrew Dykstra from Charlotte Independence
- Colorado Rapids Recall Forward Caleb Calvert from Charlotte Independence
- Colorado Rapids Sign Midfielder Cole Bassett as Homegrown Player