Rangers Reach and Kitchener Rangers Donate $6803.91 to CMHAWW
The Kitchener Rangers in collaboration with Rangers Reach are very proud to announce that from sales of our face mask campaign and Rangers Reach 50/50 Raffle we are able to donate over $6,000 to support the Canadian Mental Health Association of Waterloo Wellington.
Thanks to the amazing supportÂ of Rangers Nation and fans across the league, we have been able to raise significant funds in both campaigns.
This will make a huge difference in our community and support such an important cause. "Our top priority at this unprecedented time is the safety and well-being of our fans and partners across the Region of Waterloo," Rangers Chief Operating Officer and Governor Joe Birch said. "We're committed to stopping the spread of COVID-19 while also helping the CMHA provide mental health support during the current pandemic."
"We are so appreciative that the Kitchener Rangers and Rangers Reach chose us as a fundraising recipient for these two campaigns," says Helen Fishburn, CMHA Waterloo Wellington Executive Director. "With the COVID-19 crisis, mental health needs have increased in our community. Having local champions recognize the need and contribute in this way is so important - both in terms of dollars raised and helping to reduce the stigma around mental health."
Rangers Reach Executive Director, Craig Campbell adds, "It's so important, especially given how much the pandemic has affected our community as a whole, that we can support CMHA Waterloo Wellington with this funding. The services they provide to our community are needed now more than ever before."
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 11, 2020
- Otters, BayHawks and SeaWolves Team up for Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss and Toy Drive - Erie Otters
- 21 CHL Players to Represent Canada at 2021 World Junior Championship - OHL
- How Growing up on a Farm Led Nick Wong to the OHL - Kingston Frontenacs
- Jamie Drysdale Selected to Represent Canada at 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship - Erie Otters
- Eight OHL Players to Represent Canada at 2021 World Juniors - OHL
- Perfetti, Suzuki Selected by Team Canada for the 2021 World Junior Championship - Saginaw Spirit
- 67's Star Jack Quinn Cracks Team Canada World Juniors Roster - Ottawa 67's
- Harley Named to Team Canada WJC Roster - Mississauga Steelheads
- Phil Tomasino Named to Team Canada - Oshawa Generals
- Rangers Reach and Kitchener Rangers Donate $6803.91 to CMHAWW - Kitchener Rangers
- First Ever Drive Up/ Drop off Toy Drive a Huge Success - Guelph Storm
- 25th Anniversary Jerseys on Sale Now - Barrie Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kitchener Rangers Stories
- Women in Hockey Conference Presented by the Kitchener Rangers Hockey Club
- Rangers Reach 50/50 Raffle Raises $34,598 for St. Mary's General Hospital
- Michael Vukojevic Signs AHL Contract with Binghamton
- Trent Swick Named OHL Midwest Division Academic Player of the Month
- Virtual Don Cameron Potato Night Ã¢ÂÂ 25th Anniversary