Rampage Recall Goaltender Nathan Lieuwen
SAN ANTONIO (Nov. 1, 2016) - The San Antonio Rampage announced today that they have recalled goaltender Nathan Lieuwen from the Colorado Eagles (ECHL). In addition, the Rampage have reassigned defenseman Sergei Boikov to the Eagles.
Lieuwen, 25, joins the Rampage after appearing in four contests with Colorado. The fifth-year pro has recorded an .860 save percentage and a 3.86 goals allowed average with the Eagles this season. Originally drafted in the sixth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, the Abbotsford, B.C. native has logged 118 professional games, including seven NHL appearances with the Buffalo Sabres.
Despite suiting up four times for the Rampage last year, Boikov enters his first full season in the minor leagues. He recorded his first pro assist and point on Oct. 27, when he helped the Rampage defeat the defending Calder Cup champion Cleveland Monsters 4-2. Boikov spent the last three seasons with the Drummondville Voltigeurs, collecting 11 goals, 48 assists, and 226 penalty minutes in 184 games.
The San Antonio Rampage begin a six-game road stint Wednesday when they play the Bakersfield Condors at Rabobank Arena at 9 p.m. CT. All Rampage games can be heard on Ticket 760 and SARampage.com. Individual and season tickets are available and can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554 or online at SARampage.com. The 2016-17 season is presented by Wells Fargo.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 1, 2016
- IceCaps Clip Comets in OT - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Rally for Point in St. Johns - Utica Comets
- Defenseman Gelinas Assigned to Quad City - Iowa Wild
- Rampage Recall Goaltender Nathan Lieuwen - San Antonio Rampage
- Condors Home Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday to Kick off Homestand - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins Set to Host Iowa and Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Return to PPL Center for 80's Night This Saturday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Winnipeg Jets Release - Jets Recall Melchiori; Place Stafford on IR - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Recall Defenseman Chris Rumble, Sign Forward Triston Grant - Binghamton Senators
- Red Wings Assign Frk to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Reign Add Goaltender Troy Redmann; Release Dusty Imoo - Ontario Reign
- The Sound Tigers Report: Week 3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kings - Kings Assign Defenseman Rob Scuderi to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Condors Recall Simonelli and Assign Descheneau to Norfolk - Bakersfield Condors
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions to Lepine, Dunn - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Weekly Rewind - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Minnesota Recalls Trio from Iowa - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.