Minnesota Recalls Trio from Iowa
DES MOINES, IA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher on Tuesday announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled forwards Christoph Bertschy (pronounced Burr-chee), Tyler Graovac (pronounced GRAY-oh-vack) and Jordan Schroeder (pronounced SHRAY-duhr) from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Bertschy, 22 (4/5/94), tallied his first career NHL point with an assist and skated 8:37 in Minnesota's 4-0 win over Dallas on Saturday. The 5-foot-10, 186-pound native of Fribourg, Switzerland, has totaled three points (1-23) in seven games with Iowa this season. He has recorded one assist in four career NHL contests with the Wild. Bertschy was selected by Minnesota in the sixth round (158th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Graovac, 23 (4/27/93), notched his first career NHL goal in the third period of the Wild's 4-0 win against Dallas on Saturday and skated 9:12. The 6-foot-5, 212-pound native of Brampton, Ont., has totaled four points (3-14) in six games with Iowa this season. He owns one goal in six career NHL contests with Minnesota. Graovac was selected by the Wild in the seventh round (191st overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft in Saint Paul.
Schroeder, 26 (9/29/90), was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week on Monday after scoring seven points (4-37) in three games last week including a goal in all three contests. The 5-foot-9, 179-pound native of Lakeville, Minn., ranks first on Iowa with four goals, seven points and 22 shots on goal. He has recorded 27 points (11-1627) in 107 career NHL contests with Vancouver and Minnesota. Schroeder was selected by Vancouver in the first round (22nd overall) of the 2009 NHL entry Draft.
After road games in Milwaukee and Grand Rapids, Iowa returns home on Sunday, Nov. 6 at 5 PM with the Rockford IceHogs. It's ZERO Prostate Awareness Night, which marks the beginning of "Movember" - a month long initiative where men grow moustaches to raise awareness and funds for prostate cancer research. Sunday's game is also Pucks & Paws Night, presented by Anderson Animal Hospital. Participating sponsors include Downtown Doggy Daycare and Copper Cup. For the first 400 fans (and their dog), will be given a Iowa Wild themed Pet Bowl presented by Anderson Animal Hospital and Lazer 103.3. There will also be a Pet Food Drive that benefits the Animal Rescue League. Sunday night is also Subway Combo Pack night. There will be a Postgame Skate after the game for all fans.
The Wild hosts Wild About Education on Thursday, Nov. 10 with a 10:30 a.m. faceoff against Charlotte, presented by Amerigroup Iowa Inc. and the Science Center. Thursday's game is also Corporate Field Trip day. Fans may bring a Subway receipt to purchase a ticket for $5.00. Thursday's game is also a Mug Club day.
2016-17 Iowa Wild regular season single-game tickets are on sale now. Follow the Iowa Wild on Twitter @IAWILD or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/iawild.
The Iowa Wild 2016-17 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center: and runs from October through April. Fans may purchase seats to see any of the team's 38 regular season home games at Wells Fargo Arena. Season tickets to see the Wild play its 2016-17 season at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $10 per game. For more information on tickets, including ticket plans and group seating, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
Fans may purchase single-game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, the Wells Fargo Arena box office or participating Hy-Vee food stores. Tickets are available online at www.Iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. The Wells Fargo Arena box office is open Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and closed on Sunday. For Saturday game days, the box office will open at 10 a.m. For Sunday game days the box office will open at 12 p.m. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-844-55-HYVEE or by visiting participating Hy-Vee food stores locations in the greater Des Moines area. Those interested may also visit www.hy-veetix.com. Fans interested in buying full-season tickets, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 1, 2016
- IceCaps Clip Comets in OT - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Rally for Point in St. Johns - Utica Comets
- Defenseman Gelinas Assigned to Quad City - Iowa Wild
- Rampage Recall Goaltender Nathan Lieuwen - San Antonio Rampage
- Condors Home Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday to Kick off Homestand - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins Set to Host Iowa and Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly - Phantoms Return to PPL Center for 80's Night This Saturday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Winnipeg Jets Release - Jets Recall Melchiori; Place Stafford on IR - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Recall Defenseman Chris Rumble, Sign Forward Triston Grant - Binghamton Senators
- Red Wings Assign Frk to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Reign Add Goaltender Troy Redmann; Release Dusty Imoo - Ontario Reign
- The Sound Tigers Report: Week 3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kings - Kings Assign Defenseman Rob Scuderi to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Condors Recall Simonelli and Assign Descheneau to Norfolk - Bakersfield Condors
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions to Lepine, Dunn - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Weekly Rewind - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Minnesota Recalls Trio from Iowa - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.