Rampage Agree to Terms with Defenseman Josh Wesley
SAN ANTONIO, TX - San Antonio Rampage General Manager Kevin McDonald announced today that the team has agreed to terms with defenseman Josh Wesley on an AHL contract for the 2019-20 season.
Wesley, 23, enters his fourth professional season this October. The Hartford, Connecticut native appeared in 21 AHL games last season with the Charlotte Checkers and the Hartford Wolf Pack, totaling a goal, three points, and 19 penalty minutes in 21 games. Wesley also appeared in 40 ECHL games with the Florida Everblades and Maine Mariners, recording four goals, 14 points, and a plus-12 rating.
A fourth-round draft pick of the Carolina Hurricanes in 2014, Wesley has appeared in 48 career AHL games with the Checkers and Wolf Pack, totaling two goals, five points, and 29 penalty minutes. In 109 ECHL games with the Everblades and Mariners, Wesley has recorded 13 goals, 47 points, 67 penalty minutes, and a plus-36 rating.
The 6-foot-3 defenseman played 188 games in the Ontario Hockey League from 2013-16 with the Plymouth Whalers, Flint Firebirds, and Niagara IceDogs, notching 12 goals, 37 points, and 164 penalty minutes. Wesley also played in the US National Team Development Program in 2012-13 and represented the United States at the U-17 World Hockey Championships, winning a bronze medal.
Season-tickets for the 2019-20 Rampage season are on sale now. To purchase your seats or for more information, call 210-444-5554 or visit SARampage.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 14, 2019
- San Diego Gulls Sign Six Players to One-Year Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Agree to Terms with Defenseman Josh Wesley - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers Announce Promotional Lineup - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barracuda Announce 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule Change - San Jose Barracuda
- Time Change Announced for Road Game at San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Wild Announces 2019-20 Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids