Railroaders Drop Series in Chicago
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Roman Gomez pitched 2.2 scoreless innings, but the Railroaders fell behind early and couldn't make up the deficit in a 6-2 loss to the Chicago Dogs at Impact Field on Sunday afternoon.
With a chance to win their first road series of the year, the Railroaders took an early lead after Trevor Sealey - who was in the leadoff spot for the first time since June 6 - worked a leadoff walk in the 1st and eventually scored on an RBI fielder's choice from Patrick Palmeiro.
The Dogs tied things in the 1st with Edwin Arroyo's RBI double - his fourth RBI of the series - and then took the lead for good on a pair of sacrifice flies in the 2nd.
Chicago extended its lead with a three-run fifth inning, including Treyson Vavra's two-run homer. Cleburne starter Josh Hodges gave up six runs on six hits with a pair of walks and five strikeouts over 4.1 innings - his third start of 2018.
Angel Rosa got a run back on a long solo homer off the videoboard in the left field in the 8th - his third homer in 11 games since being traded by Kansas City.
Cleburne finished with seven hits after tying a season-low with three hits on Saturday night. Rosa had a pair, while Cam Monger went 2-for-4 with a pair of singles. K.C. Huth went 1-for-4 with a single in his first game out of the leadoff spot since June 6.
Torey Deshazier made his second appearance as a Railroader and worked around a pair of singles with three strikeouts in a scoreless 8th.
Cleburne now heads north and west to open a three-game series with the St. Paul Saints at CHS Field beginning Monday. First pitch time is set for 7:05 and RHP Patrick Mincey will throw for the Railroaders.
Cleburne returns home July 13th to open a series with the Chicago Dogs. Good seats are still available and all promotional info can be found at www.railroaderbaseball.com or by calling (817) 945-8705.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 8, 2018
- Well-Rounded Effort Lifts Saltdogs to 6-3 Rubber Match Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Trouble at the Bottom, Saints Lose 6-3 to Saltdogs - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Solomon Shuts Down Goldeyes for Series Sweep - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Birds Comeback Falls Short in Series Finale with Gary - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Minor, 'Cats Snap Four-Game Losing Streak with 6-4 Win over Canaries - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Bullpen Exhausted, Fish Fall 8-2 in RedHawks Series Finale - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Dogs Handle Business, Defeat Cleburne 6-2 - Chicago Dogs
- Railroaders Drop Series in Chicago - Cleburne Railroaders
- Meng Weiqiang Proving Key on the Mound for the AirHogs - Texas AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.