American Association Game Recaps
July 8, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
Fargo-Moorhead 8, Winnipeg 2- Box Score
The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (25-22) completed a four-game sweep of the Winnipeg Goldeyes (21-28) with a 8-2 win on Sunday.
The Goldeyes took their only lead of the game on a Josh Mazzola solo home run (8) in the top of the second inning. The RedHawks tied the game with a Keury De La Cruz RBI single in the bottom of the frame. Fargo-Moorhead took the lead in the bottom of the fourth when Charlie Valerio hit an RBI single to make it 2-1. Later in the inning, Chris Jacobs hit a three-run home run (2) to make 5-1. The RedHawks added two in the bottom of fifth and one in the seventh. The Goldeyes scored one in the top of the ninth to bring the game to its final score.
Will Solomon (5-4) gave up just one run in his seven inning start for the RedHawks.
Chicago 6, Cleburne 2- Box Score
The Chicago Dogs (18-29) clinched a series win over the Cleburne Railroaders (17-29) with 6-2 victory on Sunday.
The Dogs broke a 1-1 tie in the bottom of the second with a two run inning that featured a sacrifice flies by Michael Baca and Kenny Wilson. Chicago put the game out of reach in the bottom of the fifth, scoring three with two coming on a Trey Vavra home run (9).
Josh Goosen-Brown (4-3) was awarded the win after allowing just one run in seven innings of work.
Gary SouthShore 6, Sioux Falls 4- Box Score
The Gary SouthShore Railcats (24-23) held on to defeat the Sioux Falls Canaries (19-27) 6-4 on Sunday.
The Railcats scored first on a two-run double by Randy Santiestiban in the top of the third. Santiestiban scored on a wild pitch to make it 3-0.
Gary SouthShore pushed the lead to 5-0 on a sacrifice fly by Reggie Wilson and an RBI single by Garrett Copeland in the top of the seventh.
The Canaries pushed, scoring two in the eighth and two in the bottom of the ninth, but the scoring ended there.
Daniel Minor (8-2) gave up just two runs in 7.1 innings of work to earn the win. Christian Herstine recorded the final out to earn the save (1).
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 8, 2018
- Well-Rounded Effort Lifts Saltdogs to 6-3 Rubber Match Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Trouble at the Bottom, Saints Lose 6-3 to Saltdogs - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Solomon Shuts Down Goldeyes for Series Sweep - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Birds Comeback Falls Short in Series Finale with Gary - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Minor, 'Cats Snap Four-Game Losing Streak with 6-4 Win over Canaries - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Bullpen Exhausted, Fish Fall 8-2 in RedHawks Series Finale - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Dogs Handle Business, Defeat Cleburne 6-2 - Chicago Dogs
- Railroaders Drop Series in Chicago - Cleburne Railroaders
- Meng Weiqiang Proving Key on the Mound for the AirHogs - Texas AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.