Railroaders Can't Thwart T-Bone Rally
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Trevor Sealey went 3-for-4 with a triple, but Cleburne blew a 4-0 lead for the second consecutive night in a 5-4 loss to the Kansas City T-Bones at T-Bones Stadium on Saturday night.
Cleburne jumped out to a quick lead in the 1st inning when Patrick Palmeiro opened the scoring with a sacrifice fly and Rafael Palmeiro then singled in another run on the next pitch.
The Railroaders added to the lead in the 2nd inning with Trevor Sealey's two-run bloop single that finished a nine-pitch at-bat.
The T-Bones answered immediately in the bottom of the frame when Tucker Pennell drove in a run with a ground out and Keith Curcio added another on a wild pitch.
Kansas City took the lead for good in the 3rd after Nick Torres drove in a run with an RBI groundout and Zach Walters hit a single to center that was misplayed by K.C. Huth and allowed another run to come in. Then, Keith Curcio - who tied the game with a three-run homer in the 1st inning last night - doubled down the right-field line to score the go-ahead run.
Cleburne starter Patrick Young went six innings and gave up five runs on four hits with three walks and five strikeouts. Kansas City starter James Buckelew surrendered four runs - three earned - with one walk and six strikeouts over five innings of work.
The Railroaders and T-Bones wrap up the three-game set on Sunday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. Cleburne will throw LHP Michael Gunn for only his second start of 2018, and the T-Bones will counter with RHP Tommy Collier.
Cleburne returns home to open a seven-game homestand against the Sioux Falls Canaries on Tuesday, June 26. It will be another Two-For-Tuesday night at The Depot, and you can snag two tickets, two fountain drinks, two hot dogs and a gameday guide for $22. Tickets are available at www.railroaderbaseball.com or by calling (817) 945-8705.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 23, 2018
- Ninth Inning Rally Falls Short for the RedHawks against Wingnuts - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Wichita Hangs on to Even Series in Fargo - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Take out Cleburne 5-4 Saturday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kinman's Gem Gives Saltdogs Series-Clinching Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- X's Shutout Cats for Second Straight Night - Sioux City Explorers
- Railroaders Can't Thwart T-Bone Rally - Cleburne Railroaders
- Rubber Match Sunday After AirHogs Stall in Sioux Falls - Texas AirHogs
- Kinman Twirls Gem, Dogs Fall 7-2 in Lincoln - Chicago Dogs
- RailCats Shutout by Explorers for Second Straight Night - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Folman's Strong Outing Helps Birds Even Series - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Get Help Behind the Dish, Sign Catcher Aaron Gretz, Activate Catcher Justin O'Conner - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Stun Saints in Wild Finish - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.