RailCats' Fitzgerald Acquired by Boston Red Sox
Moorhead, Minn - The contract of Gary SouthShore RailCats INF Ryan Fitzgerald has been purchased by the Boston Red Sox organization, the American Association announced on Thursday.
Fitzgerald, 23, spent his first season of professional baseball with Gary SouthShore in 2017. He batted .239 with 12 doubles, six triples, seven home runs, 20 RBIs and 39 runs scored in 84 games. Fitzgerald's triple total tied for third-most in the American Association last season and was selected to play in the American Association/Can-Am League All Star Game.
A native of Burr Ridge, Ill., Fitzgerald played college baseball at Creighton University in Omaha, Neb., from 2013-2016. H was named to the All-Big East Second Team and the Big East All-Tournament Team as a junior in 2015.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 4, 2018
- T-Bones Add Cuban Born Catcher Nieto - Kansas City T-Bones
- Railroaders Announce 2018 Preseason Schedule - Cleburne Railroaders
- Goldeyes Add Sidearmer Bingel - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Sign Catcher Shomon - Cleburne Railroaders
- RailCats' Fitzgerald Acquired by Boston Red Sox - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- Festivals Return to the Steel Yard with Beer, Food, Fun, and Much More
- Copeland, McKenzie Guide Gary to 6-2 Win over KC in Series Opener
- RailCats Activate LHP Jeff McKenzie from DL; Sign RHP Adam Quintana
- Gary SouthShore RailCats Partner with FanBags Cornhole for Bags at the Ball
- RailCats rally to force extras, fall to Saints, 4-3, in 11 innings