Rafters to Start 2020 Season on July 1st
Wisconsin Rapids, WI - The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters will be one of six teams in the Northwoods League to start the 2020 season on July 1st. The "pod" will consist of the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders, the Green Bay Booyah, the La Crosse Loggers, the Rockford Rivets, the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters, and the Wisconsin Woodchucks. The season for this "pod" will last until August 20th, and will be capped with a two-day, pod playoff series.
Working in consultation with state and local officials, the six teams have each developed a plan for safe operation in their respective locations, and the teams look forward to welcoming fans and players back for a much-anticipated season of Northwoods League baseball. The Rafters will release the 'Witter Field Safety Guidelines' for the 2020 season next week. This will include guidelines such as the stadium capacity, sanitizing practices, and much more.
"Patience, creativity, and a focus on safety have paid off for Northwoods League fans and players," said Northwoods League President and Commissioner Gary Hoover. "This next phase represents tremendous effort by our Affiliates to safely bring baseball back into their communities, and to provide their fans with a timeless way to spend quality time."
With additional teams in the region still working through the possibility of opening later in July, this "pod" could expand before the season's end. Details regarding the Rafters' initial schedule of games will be released soon.
For more information on the different ticket packages visit Raftersbaseball.com or call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400. The Rafters front office at Witter Field is open Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 11, 2020
- 2019 Pit Spitter Drafted - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters to Start 2020 Season on July 1st - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Announce Baseball's Return on July 1st - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Fond du Lac Dock Spiders to Begin 2020 Season on July 1st - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Six Northwoods League Teams Will Begin Play July 1st in a Regional "Wisconsin-Illinois Pod" - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Stories
- Rafters and Loggers Meet up Wednesday at Witter
- Billy Cook Walks Loggers Off, Rafters Win 4-3
- Rafters Back to Action Tuesday Versus La Crosse on Cellcom Kids Day
- Rafters Take Friday Matchup with Green Bay, 6-1
- Rafters Wrap up Two-Game Series in Green Bay