Quinn Headed to Buffalo, Rossi off to Minnesota
OTTAWA - Two Ottawa 67's players followed up an incredible 2019-2020 season by taking the next big step to The Show on Tuesday night, as forwards Jack Quinn and Marco Rossi were selected in the first round of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Drafted 8th overall by the Buffalo Sabres, Quinn has proven to the entire hockey world how good of a sniper he can be by hitting the back of the net 52 times in 62 games last season.
"Quinner is a very good shooter, but he does way more than that. He is a very complete player. His game looks like Sebastien Aho to me, because he can beat you in a lot of different ways. He has a gritty side of his game who is underrated and he will keep progressing and surprise people," said 67's Head Coach and VP. Of Hockey Ops André Tourigny..
Rossi heard his name called by the Minnesota Wild 9th overall, making history as the fifth player from Austria selected in the first round.
"Marco is very mature and he already play a NHL ready type of game. His structure and his mindset is very special. He is strong physically, extremely competitive and creative offensively. He is a sure pick," said Tourigny.
After getting drafted in the first round, Rossi and Quinn become the first 67's duo to do so since 1997 and the first 67's pair to get drafted in the top 10 in the same year since 1978.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2020
- Cole Perfetti Is Selected by Winnipeg Jets in 2020 NHL Draft - Saginaw Spirit
- Quinn Headed to Buffalo, Rossi off to Minnesota - Ottawa 67's
- Anaheim Ducks Select Jamie Drysdale Sixth Overall at NHL Draft - Erie Otters
- Erie Otters NHL Draft Central - Erie Otters
- Perfetti, Solovyov Await 2020 NHL Draft - Saginaw Spirit
- NHL Draft Day Preview - Flint Firebirds
- Knights' Evangelista Reflects on Huge Strides Heading into NHL Draft - London Knights
- Windsor Spitfires Ready for 2020 NHL Draft - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.