Pszenyczny Suspended for Hit in Rapid City
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks's Dave Pszenyczny has been suspended for three games by the Central Hockey League for a hit to the head on Rapid City Rush player, Konrad Reeder, Friday night.
The league release reads:
"Pszenyczny's suspension is a result of a hit to the head of a Rush player that occurred midway through the second period. Pszenyczny was issued a two minute roughing penalty on the play. After review, it was determined that the penalized player made unnecessary and avoidable contact with his opponents head."
Pszenyczny will return to the ice for the Mavericks on November 23, against the St. Charles Chill; the Mavericks will be one player short on their bench for the next three games until then.
The Mavericks return home on November 22nd to face the St. Charles Chill in their second game of the Show Me Cup series. With season tickets starting at just over $11 per game and FREE parking, the Mavericks are the pinnacle of family affordable entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2013
- Mallards Edge Denver in Shootout - Quad City Mallards
- Mohr's OT Winner Lifts Oilers Past Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Pszenyczny Suspended for Hit in Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL Suspends Missouri's David Pszenyczny - CHL
- Americans Lavoie Loaned to AHL's Barons - Allen Americans
- Rapid City Ties CHL Record - CHL
- Thunder Upended 7-4 by Tulsa Friday Night - Wichita Thunder
- Cutthroats Shut Out Mallards - Denver Cutthroats
- Mavericks Fall to Rush 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa