Preview: Game 64 vs. Hamilton Bulldogs
Wednesday, March 19th - 4:30 PM PDT - FirstOntario Centre
Radio: CIVL RADIO 101.7FM
*Pre-Game Show begins 15 minutes prior puck-drop
Hamilton, Ont. - The Heat begin a six-game road trip starting tomorrow night in Hamilton against the Bulldogs. The Heat have lost nine of their last ten games, the most recent being a 3-1 defeat Saturday night against the Utica Comets in Abbotsford.
The team will look to have a strong showing on this two-week trip, where they will face the Bulldogs, Marlies and Comets each two times. They will also be bolstered by a few returning faces, with Corban Knight coming back from his successful stint with the Calgary Flames and Sven Baertschi returning to the lineup from injury riding a four-game point streak.
The Heat sit comfortably in fifth place in the Western Conference, nine points out of first, and nine points up on ninth place. They have an overall record of 34-22-5-2 and 75 points.
HEAT vs. BULLDOGS ( AHL AFFILIATE OF THE MONTREAL CANADIENS)
The Heat have the edge so far in the season series between the two teams, having won four of six. Wednesday's meeting will be the penultimate between the clubs this season, with critical playoff positioning points on the line for Abbotsford, and a possible playoff berth still within reach for the Bulldogs. The Heat have won both games these two teams have played in Hamilton this season, each a 3-2 victory in the Shootout.
Hamilton currently sits in last place in the Western Conference, but only twelve points out of the final playoff position with fifteen games remaining on their schedule. Their overall record is 26-30-1-4 with 57 points. The Bulldogs are led by Martin St. Pierre, an AHL veteran of over 500 games who has 41 points (10-31-41) on the season. Second on the team is Swiss rookie Sven Andrighetto who has 31 points (14-17-31) in 49 games.
2013-14 Heat head to head stats vs. Hamilton Bulldogs:
11/02/13 - ABB 3 HAM 2 @ FirstOntario Centre SO
12/22/13 - ABB 3 HAM 2 @ FirstOntario Centre SO
01/03/14 - HAM 2 ABB 1 @ Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre
01/04/14 - HAM 3 ABB 1 @ Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre
01/31/14 - HAM 0 ABB 6 @ Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre
02/01/14 - HAM 1 ABB 4 @ Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre
Individual leaders in season series (among active skaters):
ABB: Reinhart: 5 points in 6 GP (1-5-6), Locke: 5 points in 3 GP (0-5-5), Jones: 4 points in 3 GP (4-0-4)
HAM: Nattinen: 3 points in 6 GP (1-2-3), Beaulieu: 3 points in 4 GP (0-3-3), Courtnall: 2 points in 6 GP (2-0-2), Tokarski: 4 GP (2-1-1-1, 126/136 saves)
NEWS & NOTES
The Abbotsford Heat announced on March 17th that they have signed forward Kyle Ostrow.
Ostrow, a native of Calgary, Alberta, has played in 58 games with the Colorado Eagles (ECHL) this season registering 63 points (27-36-63) and 38 penalty minutes. Ostrow currently sits in third place in ECHL scoring.
The Calgary Flames also announced on March 17th that they have assigned forward Corban Knight to the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.
Knight, a native of High River, Alberta, played his first seven NHL games and scored his first career goal on March 12 against Anaheim and scored the shootout game winning goal in Dallas on March 14.
Brandon Astle will bring all live Heat action this week on 101.7 CIVL FM and on www.teamradio.ca. The pre-game show begins 15 minutes before puck drop.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2014
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heather O'Reilly to Address Fans Sunday - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons to Hold Autographed Puck Grab Bag Sale Saturday for YWCA of Western Massachusetts - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Continue Seven-Game Road Trip with Three-In-Three against Wild and Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Preview: Game 64 vs. Hamilton Bulldogs - Abbotsford Heat
- Coyotes Assign Miele to Portland - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Tootoo Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Inside the Comets: Director of Brand Management Kelly Esche - Utica Comets
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Nicholls Returns to Greenville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2nd Annual Sock Drive Kicks off Friday - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Weekly (Week 25) - Texas Sweeps Chicago, Clings to First - Texas Stars
- Guillaume Lepine Released from PTO - Utica Comets
- Jesse Root Signs ATO with Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Nick Latta to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears, Four Other Teams Separated by Six Points - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.