2nd Annual Sock Drive Kicks off Friday
Chicago, Ill.- BMO Harris Bank today announced, in partnership with the Rockford IceHogs and the United Way of Rock River Valley, that on March 28 they will host "Sock Drive on Sock Monkey Night" at Rockford's BMO Harris Bank Center. New pairs of socks will be collected and donated to homeless children of Rockford through Project Undershare. Starting Friday, March 21, donations will be accepted at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, IceHogs games and at local BMO Harris Bank branches.
Sock donations will be accepted through Friday, March 28, when the IceHogs take on the Grand Rapids Griffins at 7 p.m. (purchase tickets at www.icehogs.com or call 815-968-5222). Individuals who donate a pair of new children's socks at the BMO Harris Bank Center will receive a buy-one-get-one-free voucher for free admission to select IceHogs games throughout the remaining season. Individuals who make donations will also receive a voucher for one free item from Beefaroo's B-Fit menu. Hubert the Lion will be present at the March 28 game to greet and thank the community as the donations are accepted.
BMO has committed to matching the all sock donations for the Rockford community - the city known as the "Home of the Sock Monkey" having produced the first-ever Sock Monkey in the early 1900s. BMO Harris Bank will also give out free sock monkeys to the first 2,500 fans at the March 28 game. The sock monkeys are dressed in an IceHogs jersey and ice skates.
"Our partnership with the IceHogs, and now Beefaroo, is part of a collective effort to make a meaningful difference in the lives of Rockford's youth by providing essential items that will improve their quality of life," said Andrea Ward, Market President, BMO Harris Bank. "We hope the donation and support from our bank and the Rockford community will bring happiness to many young people in need, heighten a continuing effort to raise awareness of this issue, and serve as a significant part of our city's rich history."
"After a successful sock drive a year ago, we are excited to once again partner with BMO Harris Bank, and now Beefaroo, with this initiative," said Gordon Kaye, Executive Director of RAVE. "Our fans have always been generous in supporting our community outreach programs, and it's great to make a significant impact with an organization like Project Undershare."
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2014
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heather O'Reilly to Address Fans Sunday - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons to Hold Autographed Puck Grab Bag Sale Saturday for YWCA of Western Massachusetts - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Continue Seven-Game Road Trip with Three-In-Three against Wild and Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Preview: Game 64 vs. Hamilton Bulldogs - Abbotsford Heat
- Coyotes Assign Miele to Portland - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Tootoo Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Inside the Comets: Director of Brand Management Kelly Esche - Utica Comets
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Nicholls Returns to Greenville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 2nd Annual Sock Drive Kicks off Friday - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Weekly (Week 25) - Texas Sweeps Chicago, Clings to First - Texas Stars
- Guillaume Lepine Released from PTO - Utica Comets
- Jesse Root Signs ATO with Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Nick Latta to ATO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears, Four Other Teams Separated by Six Points - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.