Preview: Firebirds Face-Off vs. Rangers in Kitchener Friday
Kitchener, Ont. - The Flint Firebirds will play their fourth consecutive game on the road when the club faces-off against the Kitchener Rangers Friday night. Puck drop is set for 7:30 p.m. (ET) at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium (capacity 7,777).
Friday marks the fourth and final game against the Rangers this season and the second contest in Kitchener. All-time, this will be the 16th meeting between the two clubs. The Firebirds are 4-9-1-0 against the Rangers and are 3-3-1-0 at 'The Aud.' Kitchener has won all three games vs. Flint this campaign.
Most recently, Flint has won three of their last eight games and have earned a point in four of their last eight contests. The Firebirds are playing their fourth consecutive road game Friday night and have been unsuccessful on the trip so far. Despite trailing by only two goals, one goal and leading by one goal after the second period, Flint has surrendered three goals, five goals and six goals respectively in the third period in the last three road games. Kitchener has won their last two games and are 4-4-0-0 in their last eight games. The Firebirds dropped an 8-4 decision in Oshawa. Kitchener won 5-3 on home-ice against Owen Sound.
The last time out, the two teams met on Nov. 21 in Flint. Kitchener scored the first four goals of the game en-route to a 7-4 victory over the Firebirds. Jake Durham had two goals for Flint. Greg Meireles had a four-point game (1G, 3A) for Kitchener, Nick McHugh had two goals for a three-point night, Garreffa also added two assists for a three-point night.
Friday evening's contest in Kitchener can be heard live on the radio throughout Flint & Mid-Michigan on US 103.1 FM, online at www.us103.com or by downloading the US 103 app here. Dominic Hennig will call the play-by-play action with pregame coverage beginning 30 minutes prior to puck drop at 7 p.m.
The game will be televised live in Kitchener on channel 20 / 510 (HD) for Rogers TV cable subscribers. Additionally, it will be televised live throughout Ontario on the OHL Action Pak on channel 458 for Rogers TV cable subscribers and channel 489 for Cogeco TV cable subscribers.
All Flint Firebirds home and away games can be watched anywhere in the world online on www.ohllive.com or on the OHL Live app.
Images from this story
Kitchener Memorial Auditorium, home of the Kitchener Rangers
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2019
- Wolves Keep Petes in Den - Peterborough Petes
- Spirit Earn Fifth Consecutive Win in 7-1 Victory over Kingston - Saginaw Spirit
- 67's Win Third Straight in 15-Goal Game - Ottawa 67's
- Rangers Lose 7-2 to the Firebirds - Kitchener Rangers
- Pink in the Rink Equipment Auction Live Now - Niagara IceDogs
- Preview: Spirit Set to Tangle with Frontenacs Friday in Kingston - Saginaw Spirit
- Preview: Firebirds Face-Off vs. Rangers in Kitchener Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Spirit Edge Petes in Narrow Victory - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Firebirds Select Belarus Native Dmitry Kuzmin in CHL Import Draft
- Firebirds Prepare for 2020 CHL Import Draft Tuesday
- Firebirds Kuwabara, Prospect Brown Invited to Canada's Virtual National Under-17 Development Camp
- Firebirds Acquire Defenseman Zack Terry from Guelph
- Othmann Recognized as Invitee to Canada's National Men's Summer Under-18 Team Selection Camp