Powe Becomes Third Phantom This Season To Make NHL Debut
PHILADLEPHIA - Darroll Powe became the third member of the Philadelphia Phantoms to make his NHL debut in the last two weeks when he took the ice for the Flyers 6-3 win over the New Jersey Devils on Friday night in Newark, NJ.
A graduate of Princeton, Powe registered two hits in seven minutes of ice time. He signed an NHL contract with the Flyers over the summer after recording nine goals and 14 assists for 23 points and 133 PIM with the Phantoms as a rookie in 2007-08. He led the Phantoms with four shorthanded goals last season.
Earlier this week, Andreas Nodl made his NHL debut in Wednesday's 7-6 shootout loss to San Jose. He registered his first NHL point on an assist in that contest. Nodl joined the Phantoms late last season, appearing in three regular season games and 10 playoff games. In five games with the Phantoms this season, Nodl had a goal and two assists.
Back on October 11, Jared Ross made his NHL debut against the New York Rangers. Ross led the Phantoms in scoring last season with 23 goals and 39 assists for 62 points.
The Phantoms head to Albany for a matinee with the River Rats on Saturday afternoon at 1:00. Philadelphia returns home on Sunday, Nov. 2 for a tilt with the Hershey Bears at 5:05. Tickets for that game, as well as all 2008-09 regular season games, are available by calling 1-800-298-4200 or visiting phantomshockey.com.
Comcast-Spectacor recently announced that the Wachovia Spectrum will close after the Phantoms conclude their 2008-09 season. The Spectrum opened on September 30, 1967 with the Quaker City Jazz Festival. After nearly 30 seasons of Philadelphia Flyers hockey and Philadelphia 76ers basketball, the Spectrum gave way to the Wachovia Center in 1996.
The best way for fans to secure a ticket for the final game on April 12, 2009 is to purchase either a game plan package or season tickets. Packages are available now in convenient blocks of 6, 10, 16 and 20 games, as well as pro-rated full season tickets for all remaining home games. All packages receive an impressive list of exclusive benefits, discount prices and the same seat for each game, beginning at just $60!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 24, 2008
- Admirals Top Rivermen 6-3 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Hand Aeros First Loss In 3-1 Win - Houston Aeros
- Crunch Power Past Binghamton in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Drew Miller's three points, game-winner propels Chops to win - Iowa Chops
- IceHogs Down Admirals in Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Freeze Penguins While Skating On Thin Ice - Manchester Monarchs
- Moose Edge Aeros, 3-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Pirates Rally Past Sound Tigers - Portland Pirates
- Falcons Beat The Rats 3-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Powe Becomes Third Phantom This Season To Make NHL Debut - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wiikman, Pack hold off Philadelphia - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms Nipped By Wolf Pack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bruins take revenge in 3-1 victory over Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Lose 5-4 In Rochester - Abbotsford Heat
- Springfield Edges Albany By A Beak - Albany River Rats
- Bouck's goal with less then three minutes to play caps Pirates' comeback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Defeat Sharks 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins assign Bill Thomas to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sarah Palin to receive Iowa Chops jersey Saturday - Iowa Chops
- Houston Aeros Bobblehead Election Night on Sunday, November 2 - Houston Aeros
- Marlies Present Tomas Kaberle Bobblehead Day On Sunday - Toronto Marlies
- Barnes and Jamtin Reassigned from Wolf Pack to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Bulldogs Relaunch Website - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Houston Aeros invade Moose Country tonight at 7:30 p.m. - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Host River Rats Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- River Rats Introduce "Rowdy's" Rink Rats Kids Club - Albany River Rats
- Amerks Host Flames Tonight At The Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose assign Ramsey to Victoria for conditioning - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Opening Weekend at the Van - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.