Potter's Career High Not Enough, Force Loses 139-126 to Lakers
El Segundo, CA - Despite a career-high 33 points from Micah Potter, the Sioux Falls Skyforce were out-gunned 139-126 against the South Bay Lakers (20-11) in the team's first trip to UCLA Health Training Center since Nov. 24, 2019.
Potter (13-19 FGA and 10 rebounds) posted his third consecutive double-double in the loss, which is a career high and a Skyforce team high this season.
Sioux Falls (14-20) scored 44 points on 14-22 FGA (6-8 3PA) in the first quarter, which is the highest scoring quarter of any this season.
Miami HEAT two-way player Mychal Mulder (15 points on 5-7 FGA and four assists) and Chandler Hutchison (18 points on 6-10 FGA, seven rebounds and three assists) combined for 22 points on 8-10 FGA in the opening 12 minutes to give the Skyforce a three-point lead (44-41).
South Bay's bench trio of Andre Ingram, Paris Bass and Tremont Waters combined for 18 points on 7-11 FGA in the second quarter alone, which helped the Lakers earn a 78-75 lead at intermission. Potter kept the Force within striking distance, as he scored 13 points on 4-5 FGA in the quarter.
Despite shooting 51.3 percent from the field (20-39 FGA) in the second half, Sioux Falls was outscored by 10 points to drop its second-straight game. South Bay shot 57.4 percent from the field (27-47 FGA) in the half.
Mario Chalmers (17 points on 4-8 FGA and 11 assists) had his third double-double of the season and second of March. Miami HEAT two-way player Javonte Smart added 13 points, seven rebounds and two assists in defeat.
Los Angeles Lakers two-way player Mason Jones led South Bay with 28 points on 11-18 FGA and seven assists, while Elijah Cain added 25 points on 10-15 FGA.
Both teams wrap up the regular season against each other on Saturday at 7:00 PM CST from UCLA Health Training Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 1, 2022
- Iowa Wolves Close Season with 124-114 Win over Oklahoma City Blue - Iowa Wolves
- Santa Cruz Closes out Regular Season with Overtime Win against Austin, 118-112 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Gold Fall to College Park 118-115 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Blue Coats Close Regular Season with Two against Herd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Knicks Squash Mad Ants 131-110 for Third Straight Win - Westchester Knicks
- South Bay Catches Fire, Drops 139 Points in Victory over Sioux Falls - South Bay Lakers
- Potter's Career High Not Enough, Force Loses 139-126 to Lakers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Nets Knock Down Raptors 905 - Long Island Nets
- Squadron Win Last Regular Season Home Game over Stockton - Birmingham Squadron
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce Two-Way Profile: Darius Days
- Skyforce Two-Way Profile: Marcus Garrett
- Skyforce and Heat Sharing Two-Way Success
- Skyforce in the NBA: Check-In on Alumni, Summer League Edition
- Skyforce Set to Host Youth Basketball Camp with Sanford Power Basketball Academy on August 9