Portland Timbers Ask for Assist to Stop COVID-19
PORTLAND, Ore. - Before the team departs for the MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando, the Portland Timbers released public services announcements urging Oregonians to wear face coverings and masks to stop the spread of COVID-19. The PSAs feature Jeremy Ebobisse and Diego Valeri.
"During the COVID-19 pandemic, we all need an assist from each other by wearing our masks, especially when we're inside or we can't stay 6 feet away from each other," said Ebobisse. "Our masks protect others, and their masks protect us. This is what makes us a team."
To help stop the spread of COVID-19 in Oregon, Governor Kate Brown issued a statewide requirement beginning July 1 for Oregonians to wear masks, face shields, or face coverings in all indoor public spaces, including locations like grocery stores, gyms, retail stores, malls and restaurants and bars (while not eating or drinking). According to doctors and the CDC, face coverings that cover your nose and mouth play a critical role in reducing the spread of COVID-19 because droplets from our breath can carry the virus to others without us realizing it.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 2, 2020
- Colorado Rapids and Forward Sam Nicholson Agree to Terminate Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Portland Timbers Ask for Assist to Stop COVID-19 - Portland Timbers
- Colorado's All-Time Leading Goal Scorer Conor Casey Completes Best XI - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Loan Forward Rashawn Dally to Las Vegas Lights FC - FC Cincinnati
- Achara out for Remainder of Season with ACL Tear - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Signs Tyler Wolff as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Announce Remainder of 2020 MLS Regular-Season Schedule
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Named MLS Player of the Week
- Timbers Earn 6-1 Road Win over San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Face San Jose Earthquakes in Road Match Tonight
- Timbers Record 1-1 Draw on the Road against San Jose Earthquakes