Colorado Rapids and Forward Sam Nicholson Agree to Terminate Contract
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - The Colorado Rapids and forward Sam Nicholson have agreed to terminate the player's contract, the club announced today.
"This was a difficult decision for all parties involved, but ultimately the right one for Sam and his family's well-being," said PÃ¡draig Smith, Colorado Rapids Executive VP & General Manager. "Since arriving two years ago, Sam has played a crucial role in driving the club forward toward our goals and we're grateful to him for his contributions on and off the pitch. He is a wonderful young man and a talented footballer. He will always be a part of the Rapids family and we wish him nothing but the best in the future."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 2, 2020
- Colorado Rapids and Forward Sam Nicholson Agree to Terminate Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Portland Timbers Ask for Assist to Stop COVID-19 - Portland Timbers
- Colorado's All-Time Leading Goal Scorer Conor Casey Completes Best XI - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Loan Forward Rashawn Dally to Las Vegas Lights FC - FC Cincinnati
- Achara out for Remainder of Season with ACL Tear - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Signs Tyler Wolff as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Minnesota United FC Oust Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: November 22, 2020
- Rapids Look to Carry Momentum from Winning Streak into Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: November 22, 2020
- Rapids Forward Diego Rubio Available for Selection After Chile Call-Up