Colorado Rapids and Forward Sam Nicholson Agree to Terminate Contract
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - The Colorado Rapids and forward Sam Nicholson have agreed to terminate the player's contract, the club announced today.
"This was a difficult decision for all parties involved, but ultimately the right one for Sam and his family's well-being," said PÃ¡draig Smith, Colorado Rapids Executive VP & General Manager. "Since arriving two years ago, Sam has played a crucial role in driving the club forward toward our goals and we're grateful to him for his contributions on and off the pitch. He is a wonderful young man and a talented footballer. He will always be a part of the Rapids family and we wish him nothing but the best in the future."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 2, 2020
- Colorado Rapids and Forward Sam Nicholson Agree to Terminate Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Portland Timbers Ask for Assist to Stop COVID-19 - Portland Timbers
- Colorado's All-Time Leading Goal Scorer Conor Casey Completes Best XI - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Loan Forward Rashawn Dally to Las Vegas Lights FC - FC Cincinnati
- Achara out for Remainder of Season with ACL Tear - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Signs Tyler Wolff as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Colorado Rapids vs San Jose Earthquakes: MLS Preview: September 23, 2020
- Rapids Announce Remaining Regular Season Schedule, Featuring Four Home, Five Away Matches
- In Honor of National Voter Registration Day, Rapids Announce Partnership with 'I Am a Voter' and 'Rally the Vote'
- Colorado Rapids vs San Jose Earthquakes: Keys to the Match: September 23, 2020
- Youth and Resilience Play Major Role in Big Road Win in Los Angeles