Achara out for Remainder of Season with ACL Tear
Toronto FC announced today that rookie midfielder Ifunanyachi Achara tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee. He will undergo surgery on Tuesday, July 7 and as a result will miss the remainder of the 2020 season.
Achara made his MLS debut and scored the game winning goal earlier this year in Toronto FC's home opener against New York City FC on March 7. He was selected 25th overall in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft and signed with TFC on February 21.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 2, 2020
- Colorado Rapids and Forward Sam Nicholson Agree to Terminate Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Portland Timbers Ask for Assist to Stop COVID-19 - Portland Timbers
- Colorado's All-Time Leading Goal Scorer Conor Casey Completes Best XI - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Loan Forward Rashawn Dally to Las Vegas Lights FC - FC Cincinnati
- Achara out for Remainder of Season with ACL Tear - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United Signs Tyler Wolff as Homegrown Player - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.