Pitching Strong, But Crawdads Fall to Tourists 2-0
Hickory, NC - The Crawdads fell 2-0 to the Asheville Tourists on Tuesday evening. With the Crawdads win on Monday night, the series is now tied at one win a piece. The series rubber match will be tomorrow morning at 10:30am.
Crawdads starting pitcher Yerry Rodriguez tossed four innings, striking out four batters. He allowed one run, a bases-loaded walk in the third inning. Right-handed Wes Robertson made his season debut with two hitless innings. Tie Tiedemann pitched a scoreless seventh before allowing a run in the eight that put the 'Dads down 2-0. Nick Snyder entered the game with two outs in the eighth to take the Crawdads the rest of the way.
Jonathan Ornelas led the 'Dads offense with a pair of hits. The 18-year-old infielder is hitting .385 on the season through 8 games.
Tomorrow's series finale is the first education and senior day of the season. The team will then play three games in Columbia before an off day for Easter on Sunday. They will begin a seven game homestand on Monday evening against the Augusta GreenJackets.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from April 16, 2019
- Great Eighth Gives 'Birds Eighth Straight - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs Lose Heartbreaker in Ninth to Drive - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive Rally in Ninth for 4-3 Win at Charleston - Greenville Drive
- Pitchers Duel Ends in GreenJackets Favor - Augusta GreenJackets
- Kelenic's Four-Hit Night Jolts Power to 7-1 Win - West Virginia Power
- Pitching Strong, But Crawdads Fall to Tourists 2-0 - Hickory Crawdads
- Kelenic, Power Top Claws 7-1 on Tuesday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Rolison, Tourists Flip the Script on Crawdads - Asheville Tourists
- Braves Swat Fireflies 8-1 on Tuesday Afternoon - Rome Braves
- Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Butto Shines, But Columbia Falls in Middle Game of Series - Columbia Fireflies
- Game Notes (April 16) - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: April 16 at Rome (Game 12) - Columbia Fireflies
- Pena's RBI Single Walks It off in 11 Innings - West Virginia Power
- Fajardo's Single Saves 'Birds in 10th - Delmarva Shorebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.