Pina Impresses in Series Opening Win
Behind a strong night from the pitching staff the Tri-City Dust Devils (29-43) topped the Hillsboro Hops 6-1 on Tuesday evening at Ron Tonkin Field. Tri-City starter Robinson Pina earned the win after allowing three hits and one run with 11 strikeouts in 5.1 innings of work.
The offense gave Pina and the rest of the team's hurlers plenty of support. The Dust Devils scored three runs in the third inning, giving the team an advantage they would not relinquish the rest of the game. Newcomer Kevin Maitan made an impact in his debut with the team, driving in two runs with a pair of clutch two-out hits. In addition to Maitan's strong night at the plate, Livan Soto and Jordyn Adams also had multiple this in the victory.
Coming up in the second matchup of the series on Wednesday the Dust Devils will send left-hander Hector Yan to the mound. Hillsboro will counter with right-hander Slade Cecconi. First pitch from Ron Tonkin Field is set for 1:05 PM and will only be available to listen at dustdevilsbaseball.com.
For more information regarding tickets for upcoming home games visit www.dustdevilsbaseball.com or call the team's office at (509) 544-8789.
• Discuss this story on the High-A West League message board...
High-A West League Stories from July 28, 2021
- First Round TKO - Hillsboro Hops
- Pina Impresses in Series Opening Win - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Don't Forget: Tonight's Game Is a Doubleheader - Everett AquaSox
- Spokane Erases Four-Run Deficit, Wins with 8-6 Redband Rally - Spokane Indians
- Bullpen Implodes Late as C's Lose Again - Vancouver Canadians
- Hops' Hitters Bedeviled in Series Opener - Hillsboro Hops
- Everett Ekes out Win in Series Opener - Eugene Emeralds
- Marlowe and Frogs Hop Ahead, 5-4 - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.