Philadelphia Union Sign Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union announced today that they have signed goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh to a one-year contract. The 27-year-old will be added to the Union's active roster effective immediately. Prior to joining the 2020 Supporters' Shield winning Union, Ranjitsingh won consecutive USL Championship finals before spending time with Orlando City SC and Minnesota United FC.
"With a congested international schedule that will present opportunities to have our keepers called up to their respective national teams, it was important to add Greg to our roster and create depth in our goalkeeper unit" said Ernst Tanner, Philadelphia Union Sporting Director. "He brings experience along with the type of work ethic our system requires, and we look forward to his contributions this season."
Ranjitsingh played for both Orlando City SC and Minnesota United FC, making five appearances. Ranjitsingh also played for Louisville City in the USL Championship, where he led his team to consecutive titles in 2017 and 2018, keeping clean sheets in both finals. Prior to signing with Louisville City, he played four years of collegiate soccer at Mercer University from 2011-2014. During his senior year he was ranked third nationally in total saves and ninth in save percentage for which he earned the Southern Conference's Goalkeeper of the Year and earned a spot on the All-Conference team.
Internationally, Ranjitsingh earned a call up to Trinidad and Tobago's national team in 2016 ahead of the 2018 World Cup qualification. In 2019 he was called up once again where he was subsequently named to the final Gold Cup roster, debuting in a friendly against Canada.
TRANSACTION: Philadelphia Union sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh on April 2, 2021.
Name: Greg Ranjitsingh
Born: July. 18, 1993
Hometown: Pickering, Ontario
Citizenship: Trinidad and Tobago and Canada
Acquired: Philadelphia Union sign goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh on April 2, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 2, 2021
- Rapids Face Rocky Mountain Cup Rivals Real Salt Lake on Saturday in Preseason Scrimmage - Colorado Rapids
- Academy Update: Breaking Down the U-12 Program - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Announce Additional Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 Campaign - Portland Timbers
- Alistair Johnston Sees His First Start, First Assist and First Goal for Canada - Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh - Philadelphia Union
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Community Partnership with KultureCity to Certify New Crew Stadium as Sensory Inclusive - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Announces 50% Capacity for Home Opener - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs U.S. Forward Bobby Wood - Real Salt Lake
- Philadelphia Union Re-Sign Defender Aurelien Collin - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Jesús Bueno
- Forward Kacper Przybylko scores his sixth goal of the MLS regular season
- Forward Kacper Przybylko scores his fifth goal of MLS regular season
- Santos scores third goal of the season; Przybylko scores game-winning goal
- Philadelphia Union Announce Two Date Changes to October Matches