Rapids Face Rocky Mountain Cup Rivals Real Salt Lake on Saturday in Preseason Scrimmage
TUCSON, Ariz. - After continuing their preseason undefeated run on Saturday, the Colorado Rapids will face Rocky Mountain Cup rival Real Salt Lake on Saturday, April 3, at 7 PM MT as part of the Visit Tucson Sun Cup. Fans can stream the match on ColoradoRapids.com/LIVE.
"It gets intense," captain Jack Price said of the rivalry against RSL. "It means a lot. To the fans, they look at these games as a rivalry game, whether it's a [preseason scrimmage] or not, there's no such thing as a friendly when it comes to these games. The lads will be raring to go. The message is to treat it as a normal game in-season and that's what we're looking to do."
Colorado is unbeaten so far this preseason, outscoring six opponents 11-1 in 350 minutes of action. On Saturday against FC Tucson of USL League One, Andre Shinyashiki scored and assisted on Keegan Rosenberry's goal to lead Colorado to a 2-1 win over 40 minutes of play. In the second half against USL Championship side LA Galaxy II, NicolÃ¡s Mezquida scored three goals, all assisted by Collen Warner, as the Rapids won 3-0.
The Rapids previously defeated Portland Timbers and Phoenix Rising FC, each by 2-0 score lines, and picked up 1-0 wins over USL Championship side New Mexico United and Sporting Kansas City.
Following Saturday's preseason scrimmage against RSL, the Rapids will take on LA Galaxy on Wednesday, April 7, before closing out preseason against Phoenix Rising on Saturday, April 10.
Colorado begins the 2021 MLS regular season on Saturday, April 17, at FC Dallas, before returning home to host expansion side Austin FC on Saturday, April 24.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 2, 2021
- Rapids Face Rocky Mountain Cup Rivals Real Salt Lake on Saturday in Preseason Scrimmage - Colorado Rapids
- Academy Update: Breaking Down the U-12 Program - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Announce Additional Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 Campaign - Portland Timbers
- Alistair Johnston Sees His First Start, First Assist and First Goal for Canada - Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh - Philadelphia Union
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Community Partnership with KultureCity to Certify New Crew Stadium as Sensory Inclusive - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Announces 50% Capacity for Home Opener - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs U.S. Forward Bobby Wood - Real Salt Lake
- Philadelphia Union Re-Sign Defender Aurelien Collin - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Rapids Make First Trip to Austin FC, Q2 Stadium on Saturday
- Welcome Back, Dom: Rapids Acquire Badji from Nashville
- Rapids Acquire Canadian International Mark-Anthony Kaye
- Acosta, Vines Help USMNT Past Jamaica, Advance to Concacaf Gold Cup Semifinal
- Preview: Rapids Visit Real Salt Lake in First Rocky Mountain Cup Clash of 2021