Penguins Sign Tim Erixon for the Remainder of 2018-19
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they signed defenseman Tim Erixon to an American Hockey League contract for the remainder of the 2018-19 season. Erixon was already an active member of the Penguins roster, playing 15 games on a professional tryout agreement during the course of the season.
Erixon, 27-years-old and in his 11th season of professional hockey, has posted four assists in his time with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this season. The defenseman from Skelleftea, Sweden has also recorded 41 points (7G-34A) in 134 total games played as a member of the Penguins.
A first round pick (23rd overall) by the Calgary Flames in 2009, Erixon had 93 NHL games played under his belt as well, suiting up for the New York Rangers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Chicago Blackhawks and Toronto Maple Leafs. In 318 career AHL games, he has 22 goals and 142 assists for 164 points across six seasons with the Connecticut Whale, Springfield Falcons, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Binghamton Devils and Springfield Thunderbirds. Erixon represented the Falcons at the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic.
Erixon represented his native Sweden on the international stage at the IIHF World Junior Championships three years in a row before also playing for Sweden's entries at the 2011 and 2014 IIHF World Championship.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is Wednesday, Feb. 6, when it kicks off its Midwest road trip against the Rockford IceHogs. The Penguins' next home game is Saturday, Feb. 16 against the Utica Comets. Puck drop between the Penguins and Comets is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual tickets for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, through all Ticketmaster outlets, or by contacting the Penguins' offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the 20th season of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins hockey, including full season, 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV, which include live and archived games, begin at just $79.99 for the entire 2018-19 regular season. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2018-19 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2019
- Tickets on Sale Now for Arizona Daily Star Community Night at the Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Paul Joins Sens After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda to Bring Back Orange Jerseys on February 18th - San Jose Barracuda
- Penguins Sign Tim Erixon for the Remainder of 2018-19 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Winners of 10 Straight, the Condors Are Home for Two Games - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Wild Recalls Goaltender CJ Motte from Allen - Iowa Wild
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 4 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse's Carter Verhaeghe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Carter Verhaeghe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Wild Announces Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- 'Canes Recall Fleury from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Sabres Recall Smith from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Recall Macoy Erkamps from Wheeling
- Weekly: Penguins Rolling with First Win Streak of Season
- Penguins Recall Brandon Hawkins
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils