Sabres Recall Smith from Rochester
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled forward C.J. Smith from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
In his second full professional season, Smith (5'11", 181 lbs., 12/1/1994) is currently leading the Amerks in scoring with 41 points (18+23) in 41 games this season. This is Smith's second recall of the season to Buffalo. Smith has appeared in four games with the Sabres this season, recording his first NHL goal on Jan. 8 against New Jersey.
In 2017-18, Smith tied for 10th among AHL rookies with 44 points (17+27) in 57 games and was named MVP of the 2018 AHL All-Star Classic. The Des Moines, Iowa native recorded one assist in two NHL contests in 2016-17 after the conclusion of his three-year collegiate career at UMass-Lowell, where he was named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team in 2015 and garnered Hockey East All-Tournament honors in 2016 and 2017.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2019
- Tickets on Sale Now for Arizona Daily Star Community Night at the Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Paul Joins Sens After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda to Bring Back Orange Jerseys on February 18th - San Jose Barracuda
- Penguins Sign Tim Erixon for the Remainder of 2018-19 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Winners of 10 Straight, the Condors Are Home for Two Games - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Wild Recalls Goaltender CJ Motte from Allen - Iowa Wild
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 4 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse's Carter Verhaeghe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Carter Verhaeghe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Wild Announces Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- 'Canes Recall Fleury from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Sabres Recall Smith from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, October 19 at Utica Comets
- Amerks Gain Point in Shootout Loss to Monsters
- Amerks Announce Roster Moves
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, October 18 vs. Cleveland Monsters
- Blue Cross Arena Announces Expanded Partnership with The Distillery