Minnesota Wild Announces Roster Moves
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled forwards Luke Kunin and Kyle Rau from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) and assigned forward J.T. Brown and defenseman Nate Prosser to Iowa.
Kunin, 21, has recorded five points (1g, 4a), 11 penalty minutes (PIM) and 38 hits in 21 games with Minnesota this season. The 6-foot, 195-pound native of Chesterfield, Mo., has also collected 16 points (9g, 7a) in 25 games with Iowa this season. He owns nine points (3g, 6a), 24 PIM and 72 hits in 40 career NHL games with Minnesota and 43 points (24g, 19a) in 73 career AHL games with Iowa. Kunin was selected by Minnesota in the first round (15th overall) of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft and wears sweater No. 19 with the Wild.
Rau, 26, has tallied 30 points (14g, 16a) in 45 games with Iowa this season. The 5-foot-8, 176-pound native of Eden Prairie, leads the team in goals and power-play goals and ranks third in scoring. His nine power-play goals rank T-6th in the AHL. Rau has collected four points (2g, 2a) and six PIM in 36 career NHL games with Florida and Minnesota. He tallied one assist in three games with Minnesota last season and played in one Stanley Cup Playoff game with the Wild. Rau owns 138 points (66g, 72a) in 232 career AHL contests. He was selected by Florida in the third round (91st overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft at Xcel Energy Center. Rau originally signed with Minnesota as a free agent on July 1, 2017, and wears sweater No. 37 with the Wild.
Brown, 28, notched four points (1g, 3a), 22 PIM in 35 games with Minnesota this season and ranked third on the team with 68 hits. The 5-foot-10, 166-pound native of Burnsville, was signed a free agent by the Wild on July 1, 2018. He has recorded 68 points (21g, 47a), 214 PIM and 460 hits in 344 career NHL contests with Tampa Bay, Anaheim and Minnesota.
Prosser, 32, skated in 15 games with Minnesota this season. The 6-foot-2, 201-pound native of Elk River, owns 47 points (10g, 37a), 231 PIM, 572 blocked shots and 250 hits in 354 career NHL games with Minnesota and St. Louis. He also recorded three assists and 30 PIM in 25 career Stanley Cup Playoff games with the Wild. Minnesota claimed Prosser off waivers from St. Louis on Nov. 30, 2017.
Iowa finishes its three-game road trip with a contest against the San Jose Barracuda Tuesday evening. Puck drop is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. CT.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2019
- Tickets on Sale Now for Arizona Daily Star Community Night at the Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Paul Joins Sens After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda to Bring Back Orange Jerseys on February 18th - San Jose Barracuda
- Penguins Sign Tim Erixon for the Remainder of 2018-19 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Winners of 10 Straight, the Condors Are Home for Two Games - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Wild Recalls Goaltender CJ Motte from Allen - Iowa Wild
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 4 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse's Carter Verhaeghe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Carter Verhaeghe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Wild Announces Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- 'Canes Recall Fleury from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Sabres Recall Smith from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.