Syracuse's Carter Verhaeghe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
February 4, 2019 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Syracuse Crunch forward Carter Verhaeghe has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending February 3, 2019.
Verhaeghe notched two goals and four assists for six points along with a plus-6 rating in two games last week.
Verhaeghe posted back-to-back three-point games last week, giving him 10 points in his last three contests with Syracuse. On Friday night, Verhaeghe registered a goal and two assists to help the Crunch to a 4-0 victory over Utica. And on Saturday, he tallied another goal and picked up two more assists as Syracuse rallied from an early 2-0 deficit to defeat Cleveland, 6-3.
A fourth-year pro, Verhaeghe now ranks second in the AHL in scoring, having set career highs with 22 goals, 32 assists and 54 points in 43 games with the Crunch. The 23-year-old Toronto native has increased his offensive production every year, and has totaled 61 goals and 86 assists for 147 points in 178 career AHL games with Syracuse, Bridgeport and Toronto. Originally a third-round pick by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 2013 NHL Draft, Verhaeghe was acquired by Tampa Bay in a trade with the New York Islanders on July 1, 2017.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Verhaeghe will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Crunch home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2019
- Tickets on Sale Now for Arizona Daily Star Community Night at the Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Paul Joins Sens After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda to Bring Back Orange Jerseys on February 18th - San Jose Barracuda
- Penguins Sign Tim Erixon for the Remainder of 2018-19 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Winners of 10 Straight, the Condors Are Home for Two Games - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Wild Recalls Goaltender CJ Motte from Allen - Iowa Wild
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 4 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse's Carter Verhaeghe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Carter Verhaeghe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Wild Announces Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- 'Canes Recall Fleury from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Sabres Recall Smith from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.