Penguins Sign Nick Sorkin to PTO
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have signed forward Nick Sorkin to a professional tryout agreement. Sorkin joins the Penguins from the team's ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Sorkin has appeared in 57 games this season with Wheeling, scoring 14 goals and adding 43 assists for 57 points. The Rockville, Md. native ranks third on the team in points and second in assists. Sorkin also played five games in the AHL this season with the San Diego Gulls on a PTO, but did not record any points.
The Penguins are will be third AHL team he has been with, after San Diego and the Hamilton Bulldogs, for which he made his AHL debut back in 2014. Sorkin has earned 12 goals and 14 assists for 26 total points in 82 career AHL games.
Before turning pro, Sorkin spent four years at the University of New Hampshire playing in 142 career games. He posted 98 total points with 34 goals, and 64 assists while playing in front of current Penguins goalie Casey DeSmith.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tonight, Friday, Apr. 7 when they take on the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Puck drop between the Penguins and Phantoms is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next home game isn't until Wednesday, Apr. 12, and its opponent will once again be the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Individual game tickets for Apr. 12's game and all Penguins home games are available at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, online at TicketMaster.com, or by calling 800-745-3000.
Penguins ticket packages, including 10-voucher flex packs, are available directly through the Penguins offices by calling (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2017
- Lappin's Late Goal Pushes Devils to Victory - Albany Devils
- Comets Win Ninth Straight on Home Ice - Utica Comets
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Hartford Wolf Pack 4, Springfield Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Recap: Bruins 2, Sound Tigers 1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Stun Crunch in 4-3 Comeback Win - Binghamton Senators
- Third Period Comeback Leads P-Bruins to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- RECAP | Devils Shade IceCaps 4-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch Fall to Senators, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Tucson's Craig Cunningham Voted Winner of AHL's Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award - AHL
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Ready for SoCal Showdown in San Diego Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Sound Tigers Wrap up Home Schedule this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Moose Moose Sign Michael Spacek - Manitoba Moose
- Sabres Assign Brendan Guhle to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Sign Defenceman Billingsley to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Penguins Sign Nick Sorkin to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hogs Open Road Trip with Loss at Iowa - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.