Sabres Assign Brendan Guhle to Rochester
Rochester, NY- The Rochester Americans announced today that defenseman Brendan Guhle has been reassigned to the Amerks from the Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League by the Buffalo Sabres. In a similar move, the Amerks also signed forward Alexandre Goulet to an Amateur Tryout (PTO) for the remainder of the 2016-17 season.
Guhle, 19, begins his second stint with the Amerks after registering a career-best 33 points (15+18) in 47 combined games between the Prince Albert Raiders and Prince George Cougars of the WHL. The 6-foot-1, 186-pound native of Sherwood Park, Alberta, has appeared in 233 career WHL games, recording 103 points (30+73) and 150 penalty minutes. Earlier this season, the second-round pick (51st overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft appeared in first three NHL games with the Buffalo Sabres, averaging 16:30 of ice-time. He also recorded four points (1+3), including his first professional, in four games with Rochester at the end of the 2015-16 campaign.
Goulet, 21, recently completed his fourth season in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, where he led all Victoriaville Tigres in goals (39), assists (50) and points (89), all of which were career-highs. He finished the 2016-17 season ranked ninth in goals, 13th in assists seventh in points among the league's top point-getters. In 258 career games between the Tigres and the Charlottetown Islanders, the 6-foot-0, 198-pound native of Disraeli, Quebec, has appeared in 262 games, earning 258 career points (133+125) to go with his 164 penalty minutes.
Amerks Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 season, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. The Amerks are also offering a variety of partial plans, including Half-Season Memberships and Flex Season Memberships with vouchers good for best available seating to any home game. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day of game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/seasontickets or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2017
- Lappin's Late Goal Pushes Devils to Victory - Albany Devils
- Comets Win Ninth Straight on Home Ice - Utica Comets
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Hartford Wolf Pack 4, Springfield Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Recap: Bruins 2, Sound Tigers 1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Stun Crunch in 4-3 Comeback Win - Binghamton Senators
- Third Period Comeback Leads P-Bruins to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- RECAP | Devils Shade IceCaps 4-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch Fall to Senators, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Tucson's Craig Cunningham Voted Winner of AHL's Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award - AHL
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Ready for SoCal Showdown in San Diego Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Sound Tigers Wrap up Home Schedule this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Moose Moose Sign Michael Spacek - Manitoba Moose
- Sabres Assign Brendan Guhle to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Sign Defenceman Billingsley to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Penguins Sign Nick Sorkin to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hogs Open Road Trip with Loss at Iowa - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.