Sabres Assign Brendan Guhle to Rochester
Rochester, NY- The Rochester Americans announced today that defenseman Brendan Guhle has been reassigned to the Amerks from the Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League by the Buffalo Sabres. In a similar move, the Amerks also signed forward Alexandre Goulet to an Amateur Tryout (PTO) for the remainder of the 2016-17 season.
Guhle, 19, begins his second stint with the Amerks after registering a career-best 33 points (15+18) in 47 combined games between the Prince Albert Raiders and Prince George Cougars of the WHL. The 6-foot-1, 186-pound native of Sherwood Park, Alberta, has appeared in 233 career WHL games, recording 103 points (30+73) and 150 penalty minutes. Earlier this season, the second-round pick (51st overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft appeared in first three NHL games with the Buffalo Sabres, averaging 16:30 of ice-time. He also recorded four points (1+3), including his first professional, in four games with Rochester at the end of the 2015-16 campaign.
Goulet, 21, recently completed his fourth season in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, where he led all Victoriaville Tigres in goals (39), assists (50) and points (89), all of which were career-highs. He finished the 2016-17 season ranked ninth in goals, 13th in assists seventh in points among the league's top point-getters. In 258 career games between the Tigres and the Charlottetown Islanders, the 6-foot-0, 198-pound native of Disraeli, Quebec, has appeared in 262 games, earning 258 career points (133+125) to go with his 164 penalty minutes.
Amerks Season Ticket Memberships for the 2017-18 season, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. The Amerks are also offering a variety of partial plans, including Half-Season Memberships and Flex Season Memberships with vouchers good for best available seating to any home game. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day of game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/seasontickets or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2017
- Lappin's Late Goal Pushes Devils to Victory - Albany Devils
- Comets Win Ninth Straight on Home Ice - Utica Comets
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Hartford Wolf Pack 4, Springfield Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Recap: Bruins 2, Sound Tigers 1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Stun Crunch in 4-3 Comeback Win - Binghamton Senators
- Third Period Comeback Leads P-Bruins to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- RECAP | Devils Shade IceCaps 4-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch Fall to Senators, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Tucson's Craig Cunningham Voted Winner of AHL's Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award - AHL
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Ready for SoCal Showdown in San Diego Tonight - Ontario Reign
- Sound Tigers Wrap up Home Schedule this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Moose Moose Sign Michael Spacek - Manitoba Moose
- Sabres Assign Brendan Guhle to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Sign Defenceman Billingsley to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Penguins Sign Nick Sorkin to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hogs Open Road Trip with Loss at Iowa - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Rochester's Kodak Center Hosting Blood Drive as Part of 'New York Hockey Gives Blood' Initiative
- Relive Some of the Top Moments of the 2019-20 Season with Amerks Season Rewind
- Nathan Paetsch Named Amerks 2019-20 Ioa/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Amerks Partnering with Comets, Crunch and Devils for 'New York Hockey Gives Blood' Initiative
- Baudry Named to ECHL All-Rookie Team