Pelletier, IceHogs Agree to Terms
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have agreed to terms with forward William Pelletier on a one-year AHL contract extension through the 2018-19 campaign.
Pelletier, 25, is skating in his first full professional season with the IceHogs and has tallied 17 points (7g, 10a) in 45 AHL games in 2017-18. He currently ranks tied for first among team forwards with a +11 rating on the year, and trails only All-Star Carl Dahlstrom (+15) for the team's best overall plus/minus rating. The 5-7, 172-lbs forward has also combined for nine points (4g, 5a) over his last 10 games, including netting his first pro hat trick on Jan. 10 at Ontario.
A native of St. Jean Chrysostome, Quebec, Pelletier made his professional debut with Rockford last season, notching three goals and four assists in eight contests. He became the IceHogs' lone skater to notch a four-point game during the campaign when he tallied a pair of goals and assists in just his second pro appearance on April 1 vs. Grand Rapids.
Prior to joining the IceHogs, Pelletier skated collegiately at Norwich University from 2013-17. He served as an alternate captain during his senior season and ranked first on the team and fourth in the nation with 46 points (18g, 28a) in 23 games during the regular season. The forward was then named the Most Valuable Player of the Frozen Four tournament after leading the Cadets to an NCAA Division III National Championship in 2016-17.
Pelletier concluded his four-year collegiate career with 126 points (53g, 73a) in 83 games with the Cadets. His standout career also included honors as the NCAA III East Player of the Year (Eastern College Athletic Conference) during his sophomore season in 2014-15.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2018
- G John Muse Recalled by Lehigh Valley, F Chris McCarthy Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Host T-Birds, Senators this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Recall Left Wing Markus Hannikainen - Cleveland Monsters
- GRIFFINS FALL SHORT IN SHOOTOUT - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Pelletier, IceHogs Agree to Terms - Rockford IceHogs
- MONSTERS CLIP GRIFFINS 3-2 BEHIND GERBE'S SHOOTOUT WINNER - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- LA Kings Kings Activate Goaltender Jonathan Quick From - Ontario Reign
- Wolf Pack to Hold Whalers/Wolf Pack Alumni Game - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Forward Shane Conacher from Adirondack - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Canadian Shows Armed Forces Appreciation on February 6th - Manitoba Moose
- Mitchell Stephens Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Syracuse Crunch
- Reid Boucher Named CCM/AHL January Player of the Month - Utica Comets
- Boucher, Stephens, Sparks Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for January - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Hogs Stymie Stars, Force Game 6 in Western Conference Finals
- Ejdsell Saves Hogs' Bacon with Game 4 Overtime Winner
- Franson Forces OT, But Stars Send Hogs to the Brink with Game 3 Win
- Item Drive, Rally Towels & Tommy Hawk Set for Thursday
- Donate to Hogs' Item Drive to Receive $10 Voucher to 201 8-19 Home Opener