Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled goaltender Reto Berra from the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, the Ducks have reassigned right wing Jared Boll to San Diego.
Berra, 31 (1/3/87), has gone 1-1-0 with a 2.27 goals-against average (GAA) and .932 save percentage (SV%) in four games with the Ducks this season. Signed as a free agent on July 5, 2017, Berra made his Anaheim debut on Oct. 13 at Colorado and earned his first win as a Duck on Nov. 20 at San Jose. The 6-4, 218-pound goaltender has posted a 20-36-4 record with three shutouts, a 2.86 GAA and .905 SV% in 75 career NHL games with Anaheim, Florida (2016-17), Colorado (2013-16) and Calgary (2013-14).
Selected by St. Louis in the fourth round (106th overall) of the 2006 NHL Draft, Berra went 10-6-0 with one shutout, a 2.68 GAA and .920 SV% in 17 games with San Diego this season. Berra turned aside all 46 shots for his first shutout of the season and fourth of his AHL career in a 5-0 victory on Jan. 5 vs. San Jose. The Bulach, Switzerland native owns a 36-31-4 record with four shutouts, a 2.75 GAA and .910 SV% in 78 career AHL games.
Boll, 31 (5/13/86), scored one goal with 16 PIM in 10 games with the Ducks this season. Signed as a free agent on July 5, 2016, Boll earned 1-34 points with 103 PIM and 77 hits in 61 career games with the Ducks. The 6-3, 206-pound forward has collected 28-3866 points with 1,298 PIM in 579 career NHL games with Anaheim and Columbus.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2018
- G John Muse Recalled by Lehigh Valley, F Chris McCarthy Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Host T-Birds, Senators this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Recall Left Wing Markus Hannikainen - Cleveland Monsters
- GRIFFINS FALL SHORT IN SHOOTOUT - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Pelletier, IceHogs Agree to Terms - Rockford IceHogs
- MONSTERS CLIP GRIFFINS 3-2 BEHIND GERBE'S SHOOTOUT WINNER - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- LA Kings Kings Activate Goaltender Jonathan Quick From - Ontario Reign
- Wolf Pack to Hold Whalers/Wolf Pack Alumni Game - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Forward Shane Conacher from Adirondack - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Canadian Shows Armed Forces Appreciation on February 6th - Manitoba Moose
- Mitchell Stephens Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Syracuse Crunch
- Reid Boucher Named CCM/AHL January Player of the Month - Utica Comets
- Boucher, Stephens, Sparks Named CCM/AHL Award Winners for January - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- Anaheim Ducks Extend Contract of San Diego Head Coach Dallas Eakins
- Anaheim Ducks Name Marty Wilford Assistant Coach
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2018-19 Schedule Format and Six Guaranteed Dates
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves
- Defeat Knocks Gulls from Playoff Contention