Panthers Reassign Brian Foster to San Antonio
SAN ANTONIO (February 8, 2012) - Florida Panthers Executive Vice President & General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that goaltender Brian Foster has been reassigned to the San Antonio Rampage (AHL).
Foster made his NHL debut on his 25th birthday in his third recall to the Panthers this season stopping the lone shot he faced against Tampa Bay on Feb. 4. He has played in 11 games with San Antonio this season posting a 4-6-0 record with a .888 save percentage. In 10 games with Cincinnati this year, Foster is 8-1-1 with a 2.47 GAA and a .911 save percentage. The Pembroke, New Hampshire, native was drafted by Florida in the fifth round (161st overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
The Rampage continue their 10th annual Rodeo road trip with a stop in Toronto, Ontario on Friday, Feb. 10 at 6 p.m. against the Marlies. The team will play 11 games in 23 days and will cover 7,310 miles. Follow the Rampage's progress on the road trip at sarampage.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2012
- Monsters Hold on for Win in Rockford - Cleveland Monsters
- Garbutt's Hat Trick Sinks Admirals 6-3 - Texas Stars
- Monsters Hault Comeback, Win 4-3 - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Drop 6-3 Decision to Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
- Labatt Blue Bubble Hockey Tournament Announced - Adirondack Phantoms
- Zolnierczyk Returns to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- P-Bruins Earn a Point Against IceCaps - Providence Bruins
- Canadiens Recall Aaron Palushaj from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale's Wellman a Long Way from California Roots - Connecticut Whale
- Panthers Reassign Brian Foster to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Packed Home Schedule Gives Griffins Chance to Climb Standings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Offer Free Admission to Youth and High School - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Set To Host Town Hall Meeting - Springfield Falcons
- Bears and ABC-27 Announce Television Broadcast Makeup Date - Hershey Bears
- Cousineau Assigned to Allen - Syracuse Crunch
- Ryan and Tropp Return, But Amerks Drop 4-3 Decision to Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Bulldogs Help United Way Shoot for Goal - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hogs Look to Scare Monsters Tonight at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Texas Stars Announce Roster Moves - Texas Stars
- Falcons to Host Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society Night this Sunday - Springfield Falcons
- Blues Recall Evgeny Grachev - Peoria Rivermen
- Sound Tigers Sign Goers to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Providence Bruins to Host 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Crunch Announce Details of Roberts Office Furniture Concepts 'Crunch my Office' Sweepstakes - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.