Orlando City Captain Nani Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC announced today that midfielder Nani has been selected to the Fan XI for the 2019 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target. The 2019 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target will take place at Exploria Stadium, the home of Orlando City SC, on July 31.
Nani and the 2019 MLS All-Stars will take on 10-time La Liga champions Atlético Madrid. The All-Star game will kickoff at 8 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on FS1 and UniMás.
The Fan XI will be the first 11 players announced to participate in this summer's annual star-studded match. 10 of the 11 players will be selected by fan vote, while the 11th player will be determined through the EA SPORTS "More Than a Vote" Challenge, given to the player used in the most starting lineups on EA SPORTS FIFA 19 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, or PC.
Nani becomes the fifth Orlando City All-Star representative in Club history, joining Kaká, Cyle Larin, Dom Dwyer and Yoshi Yotún.
The four-time Premier League Champion and UEFA European Champion has made an immediate impact for the Lions since arriving in Orlando prior to the 2019 campaign. Nani currently leads all City players in goals scored (8), assists (4), game-winning goals (4), home goals (5) and road goals (3). The Portuguese midfielder recently recorded his 100th career goal in club competitions.
At the international level, Nani has been a mainstay for Portugal throughout the years. The winger has made 112 appearances in total, scoring 24 goals. Nani was in the Starting XI for Portugal in the opening match of the 2014 FIFA World Cup against Germany.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 20, 2019
- Philadelphia Union Sign Forward Andrew Wooten - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Award $47,400 in Community Fund Grants - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC to Honor Career of Legendary Defender Chad Marshall Next Saturday - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Foundation Unveils Philanthropic Membership Club - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Captain Nani Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target - Orlando City SC
- Four Atlanta United Players Voted to MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC to Host New Mexico United in Quarterfinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Record 4-0 Win against LA Galaxy, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Portland Timbers 4 - Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Falls to New Mexico United in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.