MNUFC to Host New Mexico United in Quarterfinals of US Open Cup
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United today announced it will host USL Championship side New Mexico United at Allianz Field in the Quarterfinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. The game will take place on Wednesday, July 10 at 7:00 p.m. CT and will be streamed on ESPN+.
Two goals from midfielder Darwin Quintero and a goal from Mason Toye, his first professional goal with the Loons, led MNUFC to a second-half comeback 3-2 win over the defending champion Houston Dynamo, after being down 2-0 at the end of the first half, on Tuesday, June 18. The win secured Minnesota United as hosts in the Quarterfinals of the U.S. Open Cup.
The 2019 U.S. Open Cup is the 106th edition of the tournament, the longest ongoing soccer competition in the country, and features 84 teams from all levels of the U.S. Soccer pyramid from amateur sides up to MLS.
An exclusive presale for season ticket members begins today at 10:00 a.m. and goes until 9:00 a.m. tomorrow. Additionally, season ticket members have special access to a flash sale with up to 50% off select locations at Allianz Field from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. today. Members of The Preserve will also receive a presale opportunity beginning tomorrow before tickets go on-sale for the general public at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 24. More information at mnufc.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 20, 2019
- Philadelphia Union Sign Forward Andrew Wooten - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Award $47,400 in Community Fund Grants - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC to Honor Career of Legendary Defender Chad Marshall Next Saturday - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Foundation Unveils Philanthropic Membership Club - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Captain Nani Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI Presented by Target - Orlando City SC
- Four Atlanta United Players Voted to MLS All-Star Game Fan XI Presented by Target - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC to Host New Mexico United in Quarterfinals of US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Record 4-0 Win against LA Galaxy, Advance to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Portland Timbers 4 - Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Falls to New Mexico United in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- MNUFC Transfers Midfielder Romario Ibarra to C.F. Pachuca
- MNUFC Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh Receives Green Card
- MNUFC and Allina Health Host Second Blood Drive at Allianz Field
- Minnesota United to Conduct Individual Voluntary Workouts at National Sports Center
- MNUFC and Michelob Golden Light Say "Thank You MN" to Healthcare Workers