Old Time Hockey Returns as Hanson's Visit Hounds on Friday, March 2nd
YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO - The Youngstown SteelHounds announced today that the "Hanson Brothers" will be on hand Friday, March 2nd when the Hounds battle the Memphis RiverKings. Face-off is scheduled for 7:05 PM at the Chevrolet Centre.
The Hanson's appearance is presented by Superior Chemical, the Draught House, Don Hall Exc. Inc, Triple Diamond Exc. Inc., and Jeswalds Towing and Recovery.
The trio became over-night sports movie legends with their roles in "Slap Shot" back in 1977. Steve, Jeff and Jack Hanson (their roles in the movie) have become cult icons with their "old-time" style of play in the movie that stared Paul Newman as the player/coach of the Charlestown Chiefs. The trio hit, mauled, attacked, slashed and used foil on their knuckles as they helped lead the Chiefs to the Federal League Championship.
"It is going to be a great time with the Hanson's in the Chevy Centre," said SteelHounds General Manager Joe Gregory. "They are a part of the action all night long and have been entertaining hockey fans for almost 30 years. Everyone is a big fan of Slap Shot so now is the chance to meet those who made the movie so great."
The Hanson Brothers are really Jeff and Steve Carlson and Dave Hanson. All three played professional hockey seeing action in different leagues including the International Hockey League, the American Hockey League, the World Hockey Association and the Central Hockey League. Dave (Detroit and Minnesota) and Steve (Los Angeles) each saw action in the National Hockey League.
Their act consists of several on-ice activities, dropping the first puck, signing autographs and more.
The SteelHounds return home on March 1st with the first of the three-game series versus the Memphis RiverKings at the Chevrolet Centre. Face-off for all three games is scheduled for 7:05 PM. For tickets call the Hounds at 330-747-PUCK (7825) or visit the team's online home at www.steelhounds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 23, 2007
- Sundogs Hold on for 3-2 Victory - Arizona Sundogs
- Youngstown ends RiverKings' streak in OT - Mississippi RiverKings
- Sundogs Outlast Eagles 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Eagles Break CHL Shorthanded Goals Record - Colorado Eagles
- Hounds Snap Kings' Streak in Overtime - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rage Out-Dueled by Mudbugs, 5-4 - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Rayz beat Ice Bats, 3-1 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Mudbugs Win Sixth Straight, Beat Rage 5-4 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Pooches and pucks at the DCC Saturday - Mississippi RiverKings
- Tonight's Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Old Time Hockey Returns as Hanson's Visit Hounds on Friday, March 2nd - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Fishing, Food and Fun With The Scorpions In March - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rivalry Week Kicks Off Tonight vs. Kings - Youngstown SteelHounds
- From Cotton King to L.A. King, Zeiler Makes the Jump - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Killer Bees Game Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Youngstown SteelHounds Stories
- SteelHounds Franchise Terminated?
- Franck And Richards Honored As Team MVP's
- Hounds Offer Early Bird Specials for 08-09 Season Tickets
- SteelHounds Weekly
- Hounds season ends in 1-0 loss