Oklahoma City Falls to Austin
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Blue (7-15) fell to the Austin Spurs (13-9), 117-108 on Tuesday night.
The Blue made several comeback attempts in the fourth quarter, eventually trimming its deficit to four points on a layup from Abdul Gaddy with just under five minutes left. The Spurs hit threes in back-to-back possessions to put the game away.
"Credit to the Austin Spurs, I thought they played well and executed for the entirety of the game," Head Coach Grant Gibbs said. "I thought we played hard and played through some tough stretches where we didn't take care of the ball very well. But I thought we continued to fight and gave ourselves a chance, we just didn't have enough tonight."
Gaddy tallied 16 points on 6-of-10 shooting and a game-high eight assists. Oklahoma City was led by DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell, who scored 17 points off the bench, one of six in double figures for the Blue.
The Blue trailed 57-48 at halftime but managed to tie the game in the third quarter after scoring seven points off four Austin turnovers.
Oklahoma City outscored Austin 31-29 in the third quarter behind nine points from Devon Hall. Hall contributed 16 points, shooting 4-of-6 beyond the arc, to go along with five rebounds. It was his third consecutive game in double figures.
Austin was led by Keldon Johnson and Drew Eubanks, who scored 22 and 21 points, respectively.
Oklahoma City stays home to face the Raptors 905 on Friday, Jan. 10 at 7 p.m. in the Cox Convention Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 7, 2020
- Oklahoma City Falls to Austin - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Top Oklahoma City Blue 117-108 for Fourth-Straight Win - Austin Spurs
- Mason's 34 Points Leads Wisconsin Past Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Wisconsin Shines in the Hoosier State, Beats Fort Wayne 121-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- Westchester Falls to Delaware - Westchester Knicks
- Stockton Kings Acquire Forward Eric Mika - Stockton Kings
- Hornets Assign Caleb Martin & Jalen McDaniels to the Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- NBA G League News and Notes - January 7 - G League
- ChristianaCare Becomes Founding Partner of Delaware Blue Coats and 76ers Fieldhouse - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Acquire Isaiah Armwood - Lakeland Magic
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.