OKC Rallies Past Bakersfield
BAKERSFIELD, CA - The Oklahoma City Blue rallied from behind in the final minutes to defeat the Bakersfield Jam, 130-116, on Saturday. Oklahoma City Thunder forward Grant Jerrett tallied 14 points, two rebounds and two steals in 24 minutes.
Six Blue players scored in double figures behind 27 points on 10-of-16 shooting from Mario Little. Semaj Christon scored 21 points alongside seven assists and three rebounds. Josh Huestis finished with 11 points, five boards, three blocks and two steals.
Off the bench, Michael Jenkins recorded 17 points, five boards and five assists and Marquis Teague scored 16 points to go with eight assists.
After holding a 37-32 lead through one quarter, the Blue entered halftime trailing the Jam 69-65. Bakersfield outscored OKC 25-22 in the third frame to enter the fourth up 94-87.
Trailing 106-98 with seven minutes remaining, the Blue went on a 32-10 run to close the game behind 13 fourth quarter points from Christon on 6-of-6 shooting. The Blue took the lead on a Christon layup with 5:03 to go and led the remainder of the way. Oklahoma City shot 18-of-26 (.692) in the final quarter and outscored the Jam 43-22.
The Blue (5-8) shot 57.3 percent on the night and forced 19 Jam turnovers.
Bakersfield (9-6) was led by Earl Barron with 30 points and 11 rebounds.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 21, 2014
- Season-Highs Launch Austin Spurs Victory over Vipers - Austin Spurs
- Heat Recall Andre Dawkins from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Cavs Recall Alex Kirk - Canton Charge
- Jerrett Recalled from Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Jam Collapse in Fourth, Fall to Blue 130-116 - Bakersfield Jam
- D-Fenders Set D-League Scoring Record in 175-152 Victory - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- OKC Rallies Past Bakersfield - Oklahoma City Blue
- Legends' Comeback Falls Short of Skyforce - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Fall to the D-Fenders - Reno Bighorns
- Charge Rally to Take Down Vipers - Canton Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.