OKC Dodgers and Midfirst Bank to "Pack the Park Pink
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Dodgers and MidFirst Bank will team up to "Pack the Park Pink" Friday as part of 20th Season Celebration Weekend at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Dodgers players and coaches will take the field at 7:05 p.m. Friday against the Round Rock Express wearing special pink jerseys and hats, and the evening will culminate with an all-pink fireworks show following the game.
A silent auction will take place throughout the night for the autographed, game-worn OKC Dodgers jerseys and hats, with proceeds benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Fans are encouraged to wear pink to the game in support of the cause, and representatives from Susan G. Komen for the Cure will be on the concourse throughout the night to provide information about the organization. The mission of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is "to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all, and energizing science to find the cure."
Nine breast cancer survivors will take the field with Dodgers players prior to the game. Breast cancer survivors will also sing the national anthem and throw out a ceremonial first pitch. Kristi Mahaffey, president of the board of directors for Susan G. Komen for the Cure of Central and Western Oklahoma, as well as a commercial lender with MidFirst Bank, will participate in the pregame delivery of team lineup cards to the umpires.
OU Medical's mobile mammogram vehicle will be at the ballpark offering tours and information about their statewide services throughout the game.
In addition to "Pack the Park Pink," the Dodgers are celebrating the 20th season of Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark during their series against Round Rock this weekend. Gates open at 6 p.m. Friday and the first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive a 20th Season Commemorative Stein, presented by Okie811. A new commemorative brick display will be unveiled by the OKC Dodgers Baseball Foundation prior to the game on the exterior Mickey Mantle Plaza.
The 20th Season All-Ballpark Team, as voted by fans, will be unveiled prior to Saturday's 7:05 p.m. game and former Oklahoma City Mayor Ron Norick will throw out a ceremonial first pitch. Norick was instrumental in the MAPS (Metropolitan Area Projects) program, which funded the ballpark's construction
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 10, 2017
- Bader Provides Walk-Off Single in Bottom of 10th - Memphis Redbirds
- Zagunis Homers in Iowa's Win Over - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers and Midfirst Bank to "Pack the Park Pink - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Andreoli Delivers Iowa's First - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Sweep Twin-Bill with Omaha - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox, Express Postpone August 8 Game Due to Heavy Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Wendle and Wilson Provide Tenth Inning Heroics - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Introducing Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City
- OKC Dodgers to Unveil Alternate "Es Divertido Ser Un Fan" Identity
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Fourth Annual Fan Fest March 31
- OKC Dodgers Rookie League Registration Event Saturday in Bricktown