Oilers Double up Rush 4-2
(Tulsa, OK) - The Rapid City Rush (33-20-4) were dealt a 4-2 loss by the Tulsa Oilers (30-22-2) on Tuesday night at the BOK Center. The Rush fired 40 shots on net, but Oilers goaltender Trevor Cann stood tall for his 13th win of the season while Marty Standish collected his 500th CHL point. The loss marks the first of the season for Rush netminder Tim Boron who now moves to 8-1-0 this season.
It took over thirty-five minutes, but a scoreless tie was finally broken by the Oilers in the second period. Scoring the game's opening goal was Michel Beausoleil on a slap shot from the right wall that sailed over the shoulder of Boron for his 22nd of the season.
Tulsa doubled the lead five minutes into the third period on Luke Lucyk's first as an Oiler. RJ Linder slid a pass to Lucyk who was creeping behind the Rush defense, allowing him to snap a wrist shot from the slot and in. Ryan Menei cut the lead in half midway through the third on a backhand shot from the left side of the slot, his 35th of the season. Just over three minutes later, the Oilers regained the two-goal advantage on a goal from Marty Standish. Standish flew down the right-wing boards and cut to the net past a Rush defender and slid a shot five-hole for his 500th career CHL point. With only 2:32 left in regulation, Derek LeBlanc gave the Rush a fighting chance, ripping home a turnaround shot from the high-slot, making it a 3-2 Tulsa lead. However, with Boron pulled for the extra-attacker, John Mori scored and empty net goal to secure the 4-2 win for the home team.
The Rush went 0-for-6 on the powerplay while the Oilers went unsuccessful on three chances.
The Rush now head home for a pair of games against the Wichita Thunder on Friday and Saturday, March 4th and 5th. Both games begin at 7:05pm and tickets are still available.
Other Rush News:
Playoff tickets for the 2011 postseason are now available. To purchase, call the Rush office at 716-7825.
Stay informed on Rush happenings through the official Rapid City Rush team website, www.RapidCityRush.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2011
- Sundogs Top RiverKings, 4-1, in First-Ever Meeting - Arizona Sundogs
- Americans March Past Bugs, 5-3 - Allen Americans
- Arizona Handles Mississippi 4-1 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Komets Chip IceMen 4-3 in OT - Fort Wayne Komets
- Brown Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Allen Keeps Firm Grip on #1 Spot on Yellowbook CHL Coaches Poll - CHL
- Sundogs Adjust Roster, Add Defenseman Matt Frick and Goaltender Michel Robinson - Arizona Sundogs
- Game Day - RiverKings at Arizona - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks to Host Job Fair March 11th - Laredo Bucks
- Yellow Horn Extends Point Streak to 12 in Americans 5-2 Loss to Bucks - Allen Americans
- Oilers Double up Rush 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Odessa Throttles Texas in 7-3 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.