Brown Returns to Mallards
The Quad City Mallards of the "AA" Central Hockey League today announced goaltender David Brown has returned to the team from the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Brown, 26, last night served as the Wolves' backup netminder in Chicago's 6-5 overtime loss to the Rivermen in Peoria.
Brown was called up to the Wolves earlier yesterday.
Brown has enjoyed four separate AHL stints this season. The Stoney Creek, Ontario, native returned from a week with the Toronto Marlies last Thursday and earlier this season suited up for both the Houston Aeros and the Texas Stars.
Brown leads the CHL in save percentage (.931), ranks second in goals against average (2.28) and is tied for third in shutouts (3). The 6' 0", 185-pound Brown has gone 15-13-1 in 31 games this year.
The Mallards next take to the ice Friday night on the road against the Missouri Mavericks. The Mallards next play at home Saturday at 7:05 p.m. against the Mavericks.
Courtesy of KWQC HD, fans attending Saturday night's game will have the chance to win the special third jerseys worn by the Mallards in that contest through random drawings.
Tickets for Saturday night's game- and all Mallards regular season home games- are available in person at the i wireless Center box office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The ticket office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on game days from 10:00 a.m. until the end of the first period.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2011
- Sundogs Top RiverKings, 4-1, in First-Ever Meeting - Arizona Sundogs
- Americans March Past Bugs, 5-3 - Allen Americans
- Arizona Handles Mississippi 4-1 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Komets Chip IceMen 4-3 in OT - Fort Wayne Komets
- Brown Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Allen Keeps Firm Grip on #1 Spot on Yellowbook CHL Coaches Poll - CHL
- Sundogs Adjust Roster, Add Defenseman Matt Frick and Goaltender Michel Robinson - Arizona Sundogs
- Game Day - RiverKings at Arizona - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks to Host Job Fair March 11th - Laredo Bucks
- Yellow Horn Extends Point Streak to 12 in Americans 5-2 Loss to Bucks - Allen Americans
- Oilers Double up Rush 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Odessa Throttles Texas in 7-3 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings