Oilers Announce Playoff Dates and Times for First-Round Playoff Series
TULSA, OK - In their first season in the ECHL, the Tulsa Oilers qualified for the 2015 Kelly Cup Playoffs and will begin their postseason run with a first-round series against the Allen Americans. All fans and members of the media are invited to attend the Oilers' playoff press conference on Monday, April 13 at 1:00 p.m. in the Grand Lobby of the BOK Center.
The Oilers finished in fourth place in the final Central Division standings and will take on the top-seeded Americans in a best-of-seven series.
The schedule for the first round is as follows:
Game 1 - Tulsa at Allen - Tuesday, April 14 at 7:05 p.m.
Game 2 - Tulsa at Allen - Wednesday, April 15 at 7:05 p.m.
Game 3 - Allen at Tulsa - Friday, April 17 at 7:35 p.m.
Game 4 - Allen at Tulsa - Saturday, April 18 at 7:35 p.m.
*Game 5 - Tulsa at Allen - Tuesday, April 21 at 7:05 p.m.
*Game 6 - Allen at Tulsa - Thursday, April 23 at 7:05 p.m.
*Game 7 - Tulsa at Allen - Sunday, April 26 at 4:05 p.m.
Home games in bold
The Oilers and Americans clashed 17 times during the regular season and have never faced each other in the postseason. Tulsa was 5-10-2 overall against Allen and the Americans claimed victory in each of the last four meetings. Six of the 17 encounters were decided by a single goal and the Americans finished the season series with an overall edge of 77-51 in total goals scored.
The Oilers appeared in the postseason last year as a member of the Central Hockey League and will participate in the playoffs in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 2000 and 2001. Tulsa finished with 37 victories on the season, the highest win total of Bruce Ramsay's six-year tenure as Head Coach and the highest win total since the 2002-03 season.
Ramsay is making his third appearance in the playoffs as the bench boss of the Oilers and made his deepest postseason run in Tulsa in 2010-11 when he guided the Oilers to the second round of the Central Hockey League playoffs. The Oilers have qualified for postseason play for the 12th time in franchise history and have not advanced past the second round since 1994.
Playoff tickets can be purchased for as low as $18 by calling the Oilers' office at 918-632-7825. For updated playoff information, log on to www.tulsaoilers.com, or follow the Oilers on Facebook or Twitter.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 12, 2015
- Pitton Reaches Milestone in Final Game of Season - Brampton Beast
- Walleye Blast Kalamazoo 8-2 to Clinch Brabham Cup - Toledo Walleye
- Schedule Announced for Division Semifinals of 2015 Kelly Cup Playoffs - ECHL
- Walleye power past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Toledo Wins 2014-15 Brahbam Cup - ECHL
- Nailers Conclude Regular Season with Fourth Straight Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans Open the Kelly Cup Playoffs against Tulsa on Tuesday - Allen Americans
- Oilers Announce Playoff Dates and Times for First-Round Playoff Series - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - April 12 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings at Toledo Walleye - Kalamazoo Wings
- Beast to Play ECHL Game on Painted Ice - Brampton Beast
- ECHL Today - April 12 - ECHL
- Season high 6,318 fans take in Justin Johnson goal in his final appearance - Alaska Aces
- Reign Finish Regular Season with 2-1 Win over Aces - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Fall in Season Finale, 5-3 - Elmira Jackals
- Eagles Come up Short vs. Grizzlies, 5-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Condors ECHL Tenure Ends in Loss to Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Gladiators Wrap up '14-'15 with 5-1 Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Close out Regular Season with 2-1 Shootout Win - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.