Offense Produces in Seventh Straight Win
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah offense came alive after the three-day break and produced 12 runs in a 12-10 victory over the Dock Spiders.
The seventh straight win for Green Bay was in come from behind fashion, as the Booyah trailed 5-0 heading into the third inning. In the third, Blaise Maris kick started the offense by blasting a ball over the left field wall for a two-run home run. Maris finished the day 2-3 at the dish with three runs scored.
At the plate, Chase Hanson led Green Bay by going 2-4 and bringing in five runs at the plate. Hanson broke out of an 0-20 slump by picking up two singles. The five RBIs for Hanson are also a season high. Brady West again provided at the plate, going 3-4 with two RBIs. Nick Kreutzer also picked up two RBIs, but in the non-traditional way. Kreutzer went 0-1, but had four walks to his name. In his first appearance in a Booyah uniform, Matt Korman went 1-4 with an RBI.
On the mound, Will Saxton got the win after going three innings, allowing two runs and striking out three. Victor Santana went two-thirds of an inning, giving up two runs. Dalton Wiggins threw in 2.2 innings, giving up two home runs and allowing three hits. Starter Nick Riggle also went 2.2 innings, but gave up four earned runs.
Green Bay meets Fond du Lac for the fourth consecutive time tomorrow at 6:35 at Marian University. Sophomore Garrett Martin toes the rubber for the Booyah, as they look to extend the win streak to eight straight.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5 minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Chase Hanson of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 19, 2019
- MoonDogs Sweep Bucks in Two-Day Doubleheader - Mankato MoonDogs
- Mallards Drown in Defensive Errors to Split Series with Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Stingers Snap Winless Drought - Willmar Stingers
- Bombers Offense Explodes on Throwback Night - Battle Creek Bombers
- Home Runs Propel Kingfish to 3-2 Win over Rafters - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Rally Falls Short in Five-Inning Game - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Huskies Get Third Consecutive Sweep with 11-4 Win against Thunder Bay - Duluth Huskies
- Kalamazoo's Struggles Continue, Get Swept at Kokomo - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Waterloo Routed 11-1 by Mankato - Waterloo Bucks
- Rafters Look to Continue Streak against Kingfish - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Six game win streak catapults Huskies into 1st place - Duluth Huskies
- Larks Fall to the Rox - Bismarck Larks
- Rivets Explode for 13 Runs against Battle Creek - Rockford Rivets
- Mallards Looking to Swim Past Chinooks for a Sweep - Madison Mallards
- Loggers Hold on to Top Express 5-3 - La Crosse Loggers
- Chinooks Drop First Game after Break - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Offense Produces in Seventh Straight Win - Green Bay Booyah
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.