Nineteen players protected for 2008-09 Season
BILOXI, MS - The Mississippi Sea Wolves have submitted their Protected List to the ECHL as set forth by the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players Association.
Mississippi protected the following players: Jason Beeman, Matt Burke, Chris Cava, Andy Contois, Michael Couch, Matt Deschamps, Gio Flamminio, Torry Gajda, Mike Hartwick, Mark Hurtubise, Travis Lisabeth, Kyle McAllister, Ryan Menei, Mark Rooneem, Pat Oliveto, Brandon Scero, Jason Tejchma, Chase Trull, and Jared Walker.
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed a Standard Players Contract in 2007-08, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed Standard Players Contract in 2007-08, and was recalled to the National Hockey League, the American Hockey League or an International Ice Hockey Federation team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Received a 2007-08 Qualifying Offer for the current season, and DID NOT sign a Standard Players Contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the team or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed Standard Players Contract on or after the first day of the 2007-08 regular season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
Teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2007-08.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 3, 2008
- Aces release protected list for '08-'09 - Alaska Aces
- CCF XII "Mass Destruction" Coming to Qwest Arena, June 21 - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Announce Protected List - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Checkers Issue 2008-09 Protected List - Charlotte Checkers
- Nine Thunder In Edmonton Oilers Development Camp - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Release Protected List - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Protected Lists - ECHL
- Cyclones Encourage Advance Ticket Purchase For Thursday s Kelly Cup Finals Game Six - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings List Protected Players - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Chiefs Announce 08-09 Protected List - Johnstown Chiefs
- Falcons Announce Protected List - Fresno Falcons
- Nineteen players protected for 2008-09 Season - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Rays Release 2008-09 Protected List - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Announce Protected List of Players - Wheeling Nailers
- Bombers' Protected List Released - Dayton Bombers
- Mississippi Gulf Coast's Only Professional Team To Play 11th Season At Biloxi Landmark - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Reading Lists 19 Protected Players Under Criterion Established By Collective Bargaining Agreement - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots Announce Protected List of Players - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Gladiators Release Protected List - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades release 08-09 Protected List - Florida Everblades
- Nailers/Generations Host Penguins Stanley Cup Party - Wheeling Nailers
- phxroadrunners.com Web Traffic Up Nearly 50 Percent - Phoenix RoadRunners
- 2008-09 Protected List Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Final Week To Sign Up For RollerHockey League - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Need Win To Clinch Championship - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Condors Submit Protected List - Bakersfield Condors
- Walleyes re-launch website - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.