Mississippi Gulf Coast's Only Professional Team To Play 11th Season At Biloxi Landmark
BILOXI, MS - The Mississippi Sea Wolves announced at a press conference on Tuesday that they have reached an agreement with the Mississippi Coast Coliseum on a lease for the 2008-09 ECHL Regular Season and Kelly Cup Playoffs. Per club policy, terms of the lease were not disclosed.
"We're extremely happy to renew our lease with the Mississippi Coast Coliseum," said Sea Wolves president Bill Yates. "Bill Holmes and his staff have done a great job over the past 12 years making the building one of the best facilities in the ECHL to watch a hockey game."
The Sea Wolves have called the Mississippi Coast Coliseum home since the 1996-97 season. In 10 seasons on the ice, the Sea Wolves have played 356 regular season games at the Coliseum, compiling a record of 214-108-34 on home ice, drawing 1,569,280 fans for an average attendance of 4,405 per game, and have hosted 32 Kelly Cup Playoff games, posting a 23-9 record at home. Mississippi won the 1999 Kelly Cup Championship before a sellout crowd of 9,150 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in double overtime.
"It's great to have the Sea Wolves back as a tenant at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum," said Bill Holmes, executive director of the Mississippi Coast Coliseum. "The Sea Wolves fans have been fantastic and we look forward to seeing even more of them at the Coliseum in the upcoming season."
The Sea Wolves open their home season October 24 against the Charlotte Checkers! Season tickets for 2008-09 are now on sale and can be purchased at the Sea Wolves office or by calling 228.275.WOLF!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 3, 2008
- Aces release protected list for '08-'09 - Alaska Aces
- CCF XII "Mass Destruction" Coming to Qwest Arena, June 21 - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Announce Protected List - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Checkers Issue 2008-09 Protected List - Charlotte Checkers
- Nine Thunder In Edmonton Oilers Development Camp - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Release Protected List - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Protected Lists - ECHL
- Cyclones Encourage Advance Ticket Purchase For Thursday s Kelly Cup Finals Game Six - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings List Protected Players - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Chiefs Announce 08-09 Protected List - Johnstown Chiefs
- Falcons Announce Protected List - Fresno Falcons
- Nineteen players protected for 2008-09 Season - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Rays Release 2008-09 Protected List - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Announce Protected List of Players - Wheeling Nailers
- Bombers' Protected List Released - Dayton Bombers
- Mississippi Gulf Coast's Only Professional Team To Play 11th Season At Biloxi Landmark - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Reading Lists 19 Protected Players Under Criterion Established By Collective Bargaining Agreement - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots Announce Protected List of Players - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Gladiators Release Protected List - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades release 08-09 Protected List - Florida Everblades
- Nailers/Generations Host Penguins Stanley Cup Party - Wheeling Nailers
- phxroadrunners.com Web Traffic Up Nearly 50 Percent - Phoenix RoadRunners
- 2008-09 Protected List Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Final Week To Sign Up For RollerHockey League - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Need Win To Clinch Championship - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Condors Submit Protected List - Bakersfield Condors
- Walleyes re-launch website - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.