Bombers' Protected List Released
Dayton, OH - The Dayton Bombers, members of the ECHL, announced today their 22-man Protected List, inclusive of (8) defensemen and (14) forwards.
The Bombers' list includes forwards Justin Aikins, Matt Beaudoin, Mike Berry, Brad Bonello, Bobby Chaumont, Britt Dougherty, Chanse Fitzpatrick, Peter Flache, Grant Goeckner-Zoeller, Scott Kelman, Ryan MacGregor, Josh Sciba, Ryan Smyth and Yannick Tifu; and defensemen Mike Campaner, Chris Eade, Alex Greig, Kriss Grundmanis, Jim Henkemeyer, Greg Labenski, Corey LeClair and Ryan Reid.
Beaudoin finished fourth in the league with 38 goals scored and was selected to the 2008 ECHL All-Rookie Team and American Conference All-Star Team. Tifu, who was also selected to the American Conference All-Star Team, had a 16-game point streak from November 2007 to January 2008, ranking fourth longest in the league. Team captain Greg Labenski led the Bombers' defensive corps in scoring with 39 points (6g,33a).
Per the ECHL, teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed a Standard Players Contract in 2007-08, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed Standard Players Contract in 2007-08, and was recalled to the National Hockey League, the American Hockey League or an International Ice Hockey Federation team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Received a 2007-08 Qualifying Offer for the current season, and DID NOT sign a Standard Players Contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the team or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed Standard Players Contract on or after the first day of the 2007-08 regular season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL began in 1988-89 with five teams playing in four states, the Premier AA' Hockey League has grown into a coast-to-coast league that will have 24 teams in 16 states and British Columbia playing 864 games from Oct. 17, 2008 to Apr. 4, 2009. Nineteen of the 24 teams have played at least five years in their current city.
The third-longest tenured professional hockey league behind only the National Hockey League and the American Hockey League, the ECHL averaged 4,174 per game last season, marking the fourth year in row and the 16th time in the last 18 years that the league has averaged over 4,000 fans. The league has drawn over four million fans each of the last five years and 11 times in the past 12 seasons.
Save the date! The Bombers will open their 2008-09 campaign at the Nutter Center on Saturday, October 18 against the rival Cincinnati Cyclones! Discounted tickets for groups of 10 or more are available by calling 775-4747.
Season tickets for the 2008-09 Bombers 18th Anniversary season are on sale now! Renew your seats today with a $50 deposit per seat. New season ticket information is available in the Bombers office or by contacting (937) 775-4747. For ticket information visit www.daytonbombers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 3, 2008
- Aces release protected list for '08-'09 - Alaska Aces
- CCF XII "Mass Destruction" Coming to Qwest Arena, June 21 - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Announce Protected List - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Checkers Issue 2008-09 Protected List - Charlotte Checkers
- Nine Thunder In Edmonton Oilers Development Camp - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Release Protected List - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Protected Lists - ECHL
- Cyclones Encourage Advance Ticket Purchase For Thursday s Kelly Cup Finals Game Six - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings List Protected Players - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Chiefs Announce 08-09 Protected List - Johnstown Chiefs
- Falcons Announce Protected List - Fresno Falcons
- Nineteen players protected for 2008-09 Season - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Rays Release 2008-09 Protected List - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Announce Protected List of Players - Wheeling Nailers
- Bombers' Protected List Released - Dayton Bombers
- Mississippi Gulf Coast's Only Professional Team To Play 11th Season At Biloxi Landmark - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Reading Lists 19 Protected Players Under Criterion Established By Collective Bargaining Agreement - Reading Royals
- Ice Pilots Announce Protected List of Players - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Gladiators Release Protected List - Atlanta Gladiators
- Blades release 08-09 Protected List - Florida Everblades
- Nailers/Generations Host Penguins Stanley Cup Party - Wheeling Nailers
- phxroadrunners.com Web Traffic Up Nearly 50 Percent - Phoenix RoadRunners
- 2008-09 Protected List Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Final Week To Sign Up For RollerHockey League - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Need Win To Clinch Championship - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Condors Submit Protected List - Bakersfield Condors
- Walleyes re-launch website - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.