Nick Wallace Named USHL Defenseman of the Week
February 1, 2023 - United States Hockey League (USHL) - Madison Capitols News Release
The USHL announced their Players of the Week on Tuesday afternoon. Capitols defenseman Nick Wallace was named the league's Defenseman of the Week thanks to his efforts in this weekend's games against Green Bay.
In the opening game of the home-and-home series, the Capitols captain tallied a game tying goal in the second period. The following night on the road, Wallace tallied a pair of assists on the road to capture the title for the week for the league.
Wallace has played in 30 games this season for Madison recording three goals and fifteen total points. The blue-liner has been a staple of the Caps defensive core over the past two seasons playing in 89 games with the team. In those games, he has recorded just over forty points with an extra two coming among twelve playoff games last season on the Caps' run to the Clark Cup Final.
The captain becomes the second player to be honored with one of the league's player of the week awards following Finn Brink earlier this season.
Nick Wallace and the Capitols are on the road this weekend before returning home on February 10th and 11th to face off against the Muskegon Lumberjacks. On the 10th, it's the team's second annual What If Night. Last season, the team turned back the clock in Madison sports to become the Madison Monsters for the night. This season's turn back the clock franchise will be announced early next week. Tickets are available for both the 10th and 11th at tickets.madcapshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2023
- Doubling Down on the Food Bank - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Alumni Update: Luke Mittelstadt - Madison Capitols
- Bucs Top Lincoln on Bevilacqua's Late Game-Winner - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Bucs Watch Party this Saturday Night - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Nick Wallace Named USHL Defenseman of the Week - Madison Capitols
- Velcro Wallet Giveaway this Saturday - Chicago Steel
- USHL Weekly Notes - February 1, 2023 - USHL
- Carlson Reaches 750-Win Plateau - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.