Nick Anderson Joins Kernels Roster
Cedar Rapids, IA - The Cedar Rapids Kernels and Minnesota Twins announce that RHP Nick Anderson has been signed by the Twins as a non-drafted free agent, and assigned to the Kernels roster. Brad Steil, Director of Minor League Operations for the Twins, announced the move.
The Milwaukee Brewers originally drafted Anderson in the 32nd round of the 2012 First Year Player Draft out of Mayville State University in North Dakota. This season he has made 25 relief appearances for the Frontier Greys of the Frontier League, posting a 2-0 record, 0.65 ERA and 13 saves. In 27.2 IP, he allowed 17 hits and two runs (all earned) with six walks and 35 strikeouts.
Anderson is active and available for tonight's 6:35 PM home game against Bowling Green. With today's transaction, the Kernels roster is at the Midwest League maximum of 25 active players, with 10 players currently on the DL.
The Kernels continue a six game home stand at 6:35 PM against the Bowling Green Hot Rods, the Midwest League affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays. Gates open at 5:30 PM. The upcoming home stand continues through Sunday, August 9th.
Morgan Hawk brings you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com.
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 7, 2015
- Bandits Exploit Dragons for 11th Straight Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Ruiz Shines in Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Clinton's Offense Struggles in Opener vs. the Cubs - Clinton LumberKings
- Hot Rods Hold off Cedar Rapids' Rally - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Ian Happ Helps South Bend to 4-1 Win - South Bend Cubs
- Captains out Slug Bees in Opener - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Win 2-0 Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Captains Sting the Bees - Lake County Captains
- Five-Run Sixth Inning Leads Hot Rods Past Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Four Straight for the Whitecaps - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Starting off Strong - Great Lakes Loons
- Lansing Demolishes Beloit, 15-5 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Whitecaps Grab Game One - Kane County Cougars
- Loons take game one from Wisconsin - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 7 at Peoria (Game 109) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Outfielder Collins Promoted to Dunedin - Lansing Lugnuts
- Princess Day & Fireworks Shows Included in Next Homestand - Beloit Snappers
- South Bend Cubs a True National Brand - South Bend Cubs
- Kane County Cougars Homestand Preview: August 11-16 - Kane County Cougars
- Bumper Cars Join Modern Woodmen Park Amusements - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Nick Anderson Joins Kernels Roster - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Fifth Third Bank Presents Stand up 2 Cancer Night Saturday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bandits Blank Hot Rods for Sweep, 10th Straight Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.