New England Revolution Youth Development Highlights: June 3, 2021
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution Under-19 and Under-17 sides and Revolution II hosted matches over the last week, with all three teams picking up victories. In MLS NEXT spring season play, the Under-19s and Under-17s defeated Seacoast United, 3-0 and 2-1 respectively. The U-17s extended their unbeaten run to five matches with the victory. Revolution II defeated Fort Lauderdale CF, Inter Miami CF's USL League One side, 1-0, behind a first-career goal from French defender Pierre Cayet.
All four Academy teams will be off this weekend. The U-14s return to action June 12 with a match at Bayside FC. The Academy teams will conclude MLS NEXT play the following weekend with all four teams facing Empire Academy on June 19 and the U-14s taking on Seacoast on June 20. Additionally, Revolution II will face Richmond Kickers on Saturday, June 5, on the road at City Stadium. The match is scheduled to kickoff at 6:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+).
For more information about the New England Revolution Academy, visit revolutionsoccer.net/academy.
Revolution II & MLS NEXT Highlights
Homegrown Players Justin Rennicks (1999 - So. Hamilton, Mass.) and Damian Rivera (2002 - Cranston, R.I.) earned starts for the fifth straight match to begin the season. Rennicks turned in his first 90-minute performance of the campaign, finishing with a pair of shots on target. Rivera added one shot on target along with eight possessions won in a 90-minute effort.
Revolution Academy midfielder Noel Buck (2005 - Arlington, Mass.) made his fifth appearance of the season while Academy product and forward Meny Silva (2002 - Roxbury, Mass.) played 26 minutes in the second half, completing all nine of his passes.
Defender Cole Dewhurst (2003 - Lancaster, Mass.), forward Meny Silva (2002 - Roxbury, Mass.), and midfielder Aidan Farwell (2002 - Randolph, Mass.) all tallied goals for the U-19s, while goalkeeper Marzuq Puckerin (2002 - Cambridge, Mass.) recorded a clean sheet with six saves.
Midfielder Jack Panayotou (2004 - Cambridge, Mass.) factored into both goals in the U-17s' win, scoring his second goal of the spring season in the first half and providing a second assist in as many matches on forward Brandonn Bueno's (2004 - Framingham, Mass.) winning goal.
Forward Enzo Goncalves (2006 - Hyannis, Mass.) earned his first call-up to the U-17s after scoring nine goals in nine games with the U-15s this spring. Goncalves started and played 75 minutes in the 2-1 victory.
New England Revolution II vs Fort Lauderdale CF
Friday, May 28, 2021 - Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
New England Revolution II 1, Fort Lauderdale CF 0
NE - Pierre Cayet 1 (Jake Rozhansky 1) 17'
FTL - Venton Evans (Yellow Card - Hand Ball) 24'
FTL - Roberto Poplawski (Yellow Card - Bad Foul) 45'
FTL - Harvey Neville (Yellow Card - Bad Foul) 53'
New England Revolution II: Earl Edwards Jr.; Christian Mafla (Ryan Spaulding 64'), Pierre Cayet, François Dulysse, Sean O'Hearn; Damian Rivera (Noel Buck 84'), Jake Rozhansky ©, Michel, Connor Presley; Ryan Sierakowski (Meny Silva 64'), Justin Rennicks.
Substitutes Not Used: Joe Rice, Colby Quiñones, Joe Buck, Michael Tsicoulias.
Italics - Indicates current or former Revolution Academy player
New England Revolution U-19s vs Seacoast United U-19s
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 - Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
New England Revolution 3, Seacoast United 0
NE - Cole Dewhurst (Joe Buck) 19'
NE - Meny Silva (Unassisted) 34'
NE - Aidan Farwell (Unassisted) 46'
Revolution U-19s: Marzuq Puckerin; Zachary Sardi-Santos, Morris Matthews (Greg MacLean 75'), Cole Dewhurst, Ethan Williams (Cole Richardson 29'); Samuel White, Joe Buck (Jack Panayotou 75'), Aidan Farwell (Brandonn Bueno 75'); Triton Beauvois (Malcolm Fry 71'), Michael Tsicoulias, Meny Silva (Estevao Gouveia 71').
Substitutes Not Used: Nickolas Cardona.
New England Revolution U-17s vs Seacoast United U-17s
Thursday, May 27, 2021 - Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
New England Revolution 2, Seacoast United 1
NE - Jack Panayotou (Unassisted) 6'
SEA - 33'
NE - Brandonn Bueno (Jack Panayotou) 66'
Revolution U-17s: Matthew Tibbetts; Gabriel de Godoi (Jack Burkhardt 75'), Matiwos Rumley, Dylan Walsh, Jack LaBelle (Chance Therrien 80'); Matteo Gomes (Alexi Karalis 46'), Jack Panayotou, Brandonn Bueno; Malcolm Fry (Samson Kpardeh 86'), Isaie Louis, Enzo Goncalves (Jason Zacarias 75')
Substitutes Not Used: Max Weinstein, Ed Fandunyan.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 3, 2021
- Charlotte FC Academy Discovery Program Celebrates Successful Inaugural Season - Charlotte FC
- Jason Di Tullio Will Not Travel Back to Florida Due to Health Issues - Club de Foot Montreal
- Columbus Crew Announces Inaugural Match on July 3 at New Crew Stadium to be at Full Capacity - Columbus Crew SC
- Academy Update: the MLS Academy Cup - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy Forward Javier Hernández Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Earthquakes to Host Vaccination Event on June 10 - San Jose Earthquakes
- New England Revolution Youth Development Highlights: June 3, 2021 - New England Revolution
- Alex Morgan Named NWSL Player of the Month - Orlando City SC
- Whitecaps FC Loan Forward David Egbo to Phoenix Rising FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- George Acosta Nominated for USL League One Player of the Month for April/May - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Preview: Kellyn Acosta, USMNT Prepare to Take on Honduras in Concacaf Nations League Semifinal - Colorado Rapids
- CF Montréal Will Face the Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the 2021 Play Unified Competition - Club de Foot Montreal
- Timbers, Thorns FC Increase Capacity to 80 Percent at Providence Park Beginning June 19 - Portland Timbers
- Club America vs. Atlas FC Kickoff Time Moved to 7:30 p.m. PT - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Top CF Montréal, 2-1
- Henry Kessler Named to United States Men's National Team Gold Cup Roster
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Cf Montreal
- Revolution Rout Inter Miami CF, 5-0, for Second Straight Win
- Henry Kessler Called in to United States Men's National Team Camp During 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup